> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Lolwe Magazine is accepting submissions for Issue 2 until 31st July 2020. The issue will be guest-edited by Mapule Mohulatsi, Gbenga Adesina and Esther Karin Mngodo. They offer modest remuneration for published works.
They are looking for work that is bold, different, and blurs or pushes boundaries: play with form and language, ignore genre classifications, send in your fears and joys, your doubts and faiths, your curiosities and silences.
- Submit Fiction, essays, poetry, or photography.
- Submission is open Black (African, Caribbean, Diaspora) artists.
- Kindly follow these word limits: 1,000-10,000 words for fiction and essays, 3-5 poems contained in a single document, 5-10 images/artwork in one document alongside 200-500 words about the work.
- Compile your submission in these accepted formats: Word document, Times New Roman, pt 12, double-spaced.
- Response time is 3-4 months after submission deadline. Queries to [email protected].
- Multiple submissions not allowed. Please submit to only one category.
- Simultaneous submissions is allowed but remember to withdraw if accepted elsewhere.
- Republishing: No. Only original, unpublished submissions will be read.
- Send a brief bio alongside the submission.
Lolwe will offer a modest remuneration for work that is accepted for publication. You can help by donating to Lolwe.
No entry fee. Deadline is 31 July 2020
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
To submit your entry, Click here
For further information, visit the call for submission page.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.