|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
UN Women – In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Associate
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-3
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. In Nigeria, UN Women works to support the Government’s national development agenda, which prioritizes the empowerment of women and girls and their contribution to all areas of economic, political, and social development.
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, Operations Manager, the ICT Associate executes ICT services in the Nigeria country office, implements ICT management systems and strategies, and provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing and advising on the use of new technologies that will enhance the country’s office productivity. The ICT Associate will work in close collaboration with the Operations teams for resolving complex ICT-related issues and promotes a client-oriented approach.
|SEE ALSO: Job Vacancy at Shell Petroleum Development Company|
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Operations Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the ICT Associate will:
Provide support to the implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures:
- Elaborate on the content of internal stakeholders operating procedures in ICT in consultation with office management
- Provide inputs to the development and review of internal ICT policies and procedures as required;
- Develop and update the ICT annual work plan for the office;
- Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN WOMEN’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
Ensure effective functioning of the Nigeria Country Office hardware and software:
- Install, operate, and maintain all Country Office hardware equipment;
- Provide advice on the acquisition of hardware supplies,
- Develop new software packages for high-impact results (e.g., office management system, electronic registry, etc.) as required
- Ensure UN Women desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks
- Install commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, and anti-virus programmes;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Make routine repairs and change hardware electronic components;
- Plan, install and maintain all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Supervise and implement corporate UN Women software systems in the country office
Ensure efficient networks administration:
- Operate network utility procedures, defining network users and security attributes
- Establish directories, menus and drive mappings, configure network printers and provide user access
- Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment;
- Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
- Implement backup and restoration procedures for local drives; maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
- Liaise with other UN agencies or vendors to Manage Local Area networks (LAN) in accordance with UN Women’s requirements.
- Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintain up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
Provide web management services:
- Support and maintain the Country Office web page and Intranet as and when required
- Identify opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues:
- Provide technical support in the procurement of new ICT equipment for the Country Office, provide technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, and review quotations and bids;
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Support the process of ICT equipment registration and disposal in the ATLAS asset module, support the physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of the property and prepare inventory reports as required;
- Provide ICT support to key events on, as and when required basis.
Provide technical support and advice to the Country Office and Programme Presence staff:
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in the Nigeria Country Office, sub-office experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer-related issues;
- Liaise with the ICT team at headquarter for support and guidance;
- Visit sub-office, provide technical support and oversight in implementing ICT system
- Ensure all ICT onboarding requirements are met for new staff.
- Provide strategic advice and direction to the country office
- Set up and ensure country office staff have new email accounts
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office:
- Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, and information provision.
- Contribute to the organization of training for the country office staff on ICT issues.
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Quality ICT strategies and procedures.
- Ensure staff training profiles and library of reference materials are maintained
- Coordinate with headquarter and regional office to share knowledge on the latest developments and good practices
|SEE ALSO: Fresh Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank|
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality support and advice to clients.
- Well-maintained serviced hardware and software
- Quality training and reference materials.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of Secondary Education is a requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Computer Science, or any related field is an asset.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) are required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- At least (6) years of progressively responsible experience in network administration, support to the management of hardware/software platforms, telecommunications facilities, and knowledge of Windows-based/applications;
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP;
- Work Experience in client support, such as a Help Desk or User Support Unit;
- Work Experience in gender equality and Women’s empowerment is an advantage
- Work experience with an International organization and /or working with other United Nations Common systems is desirable.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Fluency in English is required
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Effective communication
- Creative Problem Solving
- Strong knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Ability to provide advice and guidance
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes;
- Ability to review a variety of data, and identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Strong PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Resources Planning Software, and SharePoint services
- Strong knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Strong knowledge of database packages;
|SEE ALSO: First Bank Graduate Trainee Programme for Nigerian Graduates 2022|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 29th July 2022.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Make sure that you provide a valid email address for future communications
Kindly Share to your loves ones.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.