The Writer’s College, an online writing school has launched its 2020 free writing competition for writers all over the world. The Prize is $200 + Publication.
The Writer’s College is an online writing school with three country-specific branches offering over 35 specialist online writing courses run by multi-award-winning authors, journalists, scriptwriters, poets and copywriters.
The school offers from journalism to creative writing courses to writing for the web. For over 14 years their courses have offered one-to-one tuition at an affordable cost. They have trained thousands of satisfied students worldwide.
They have organized this free writing competition for writers all over the world.
Target Group: Writers all over the world
Host: The Writer’s College
Deadline: 30 September 2020
Mode of Application: E-mail
See other opportunities: Visit our archive
- Anyone is eligible.
- No restriction has been set on age.
- Entry is free.
- Write and submit a 600-word piece on the theme: The best writing tip I’ve ever received.
- Make sure to edit your work. Do not send your first draft.
- Only e-mail submissions are accepted. Please copy and paste your piece into the body of the email. We do not accept attachments.
- Mark your entry clearly with the subject line: My Writing Journey Competition.
- Each story must have a unique title. Do not use the theme as your title
- Use a font such as Arial or Times New Roman, size 12 or more. Use 1.5 or double spacing between lines. They prefer a clear break (i.e. open line) between paragraphs, rather than indenting.
- Simultaneous submissions are not acceptable
- The organizers of the contest would publish the best piece in their newsletter and on their blog .
- Send your story to email@example.com
- The winner receives $200 (R2 000 or £100).
- The deadline is 30 September 2020
The deadline for submission is 30 September 2020.