|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|NB: We have a free book for you on Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers: Check here! You can see the Job Portal for all jobs.|
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Logistics Contractor
Job ID: 542216
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Consultancy
Duration of Assignment: 11.5 months
|SEE ALSO: United Bank for Africa recruiting Relationship Officer at Abuja, Lagos, Ogun | Nigeria|
Background and Purpose of Assignment
The humanitarian crisis is in its eleventh year in North-East Nigeria and the 2021 UN Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) estimates that 8.7 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance in addition to 1.9 million people in Lake Chad Basin areas who are in need. Armed conflict and military clearance operations continue to drive new displacements, but other causes include poor living conditions in some camp-like settlements, revolving security situations, voluntary or involuntary relocations and fear of attacks.
The COVID-19 pandemic has further deepened humanitarian needs and complicated responses. The economic impact of COVID-19 mitigation measures impairs livelihoods resulting in loss of income and purchasing power. Limited or lack of access to public services (including health care) and a depressed economic situation have stretched the coping capacities of the already vulnerable populations. To support health care access, Procurement of Life-Saving Commodities to Support USAID Health Implementing Partners Response in North-East Nigeria (BHA 5) builds on existing efforts to ensure that USAID partners have a regular uninterrupted supply of essential medicines and supplies.
The imperative for providing lifesaving integrated primary health care services to the IDPs in the northeast remains a priority for the Government of Nigeria and partners. In line with the Health Sector guidance, partners will implement a range of initiatives to ensure the safety of staff and patients while seeking quality health care services and ensuring essential medical supplies are available. The overall purpose of the initiative is to meet the humanitarian needs of conflict-affected populations by procurement of relevant drugs and supplies to enable USAID Implementing Partners (IPs) to provide emergency life-saving health services to the population affected by the crisis in the North East.
|SEE ALSO: Lagos State Government Teachers Recruitment 2021|
Major Tasks to be accomplished during this Consultancy Include:
- Support central level and central to state supply logistics for the entire programme including supply monitoring of all commodities associated with this project including supply components to all USAID IPs.
- Work with UNICEF Abuja programme and supply section to ensure timely procurement of commodities for the health humanitarian response
- Prepare, disseminate and regularly update procurement and supply distribution plan for UNICEF’s health humanitarian response in the North East and North West.
- Support supply procurement planning and logistics for health humanitarian response commodities, including establishing and maintaining an updated logistics tracker for UNICEF’s health humanitarian response.
- Support drug selection based on NAFDAC approved lists to ensure the non-inclusion of items impacted by the customs prohibition list.
- Work closely with the USAID partners to ensure good forecasting of medicines using consumption data and guidance to ensure no stockouts or overstocking of medicines.
- Support the raising of partner-specific sales orders (SOs) and packaging will be based on the SO to avoid potential mixing up of the orders. and communicate the information to the responsible IPs.
- Engage with NAFDAC to explore the possibility of getting waivers for some drugs and facilitating clearance for humanitarian supplies.
|SEE ALSO: Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2021/ How to Apply|
- A University Degree is required in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in supply/logistics and institutional contracts management at the national and state levels including experience in procurement and supply management systems
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station and various states is an asset. Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and very good training skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Willingness to travel to remote regions of the country, including emergency settings.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work. Emergency experience is an advantage.
- Health supply chain management experience an advantage.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 26th July 2021. (W. Central Africa Standard Time.)
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.