This article covers all information about Nigeria Immigration recruitment: general requirements and application guidelines.
For every year that the recruitment exercise is taking place, applications will be invited from eligible Nigerians into the Nigeria Immigration Service, The application will be open to all civilians. However, serving military or paramilitary personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Before we proceed to details on the requirements and guides of the Nigeria Immigration Recruitment, please check out other available guides below:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Nigerian Army Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply
- FIRS Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply
- FRSC Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply
- Police Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply
- WAEC Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply
General Requirements for Nigeria Immigration Recruitments
These are all the requirements for the Nigeria Immigration service recruitment.
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent;
- You must not be less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age;
- You must not be less than 1.7 metres in height for males and 1.64 metres for females;
- You must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres;
- You must be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service;
You must not suffering from any form of mental or physical disability;
- You must be free from any form of financial embarrassment;
- You must be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence;
- Candidates with any of the following medical cases need not apply:
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Previous major orthopaedic operation;
- Flat foot;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability;
- Pregnant women.
Nigeria Immigration Recruitment Academic Qualifications
Category A: West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects;
National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including the English Language.
Category B: National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
How to Apply for Nigeria immigration
These procedures explain how to apply for Nigeria immigration recruitment
- Interested candidates are to follow the “Online Application” button shown on the Nigeria immigration recruitment portal https://immigrationrecruitment.org/ (copy the link and paste into your browser).
- Read the Qualification Criteria.
- Register your new account with a valid and functional email account.
- Enter your 6 digits’ email validation code in the Application Start Menu to confirm.
- A verification link would be sent to your email/phone number.
- Login to your email/SMS and click on the verification link or copy the verification code provided to complete sign-up.
- Once the account is activated, the next step is to log in and complete your application form.
- Upload & Add your profile (This will require a passport photo and your biography as in your curriculum vitae).
- Upload & Add your qualifications (WASSCE and other certificates are entered here).
- Upload/Edit supporting Documents (Attach your Certificates here). The next option will not be available until all the above steps have been taken.
- Ensure to print out your Photocard on this portal once the application gets approved.
- Watch Out For The Official Shortlist, Ensure to log in to track your application status on this portal.
To check if the Nigeria Immigration Service is currently recruiting and open to applications, check our publications on NIS or check their portal at https://immigrationrecruitment.org/.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.