|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
In a bid to fulfil its long term goal of supporting innovation in Nigerian poetry, Nigerian NewsDirect has instituted a yearly poetry competition. Three winners take home N150,000 prize.
Nigerian NewsDirect, a daily newspaper which publishes news from oil, gas, power, aviation, maritime, banking, education, capital market, entertainment etc is initiating this prize to celebrate their 10th year anniversary.
Guidelines for Nigerian Newsdirect Poetry Prize 2020
- The competition is open to all Nigerian poets at different stages of their career (except members of Unserious Collective and staff/interns of The African Writers). Nigerian poet, we take to mean a person born in Nigeria, or whose parents (at least one) are Nigerian, or a person living in Nigeria naturalized as a citizen.
- Send in ONE previously unpublished poem of any length in a .doc or .docx file—Single-spaced. Font: 12, Garamond or Times New Roman. See submission email below this page.
- Original entries only.
- There is no guiding theme or style. Submit your best work.
- Email subject should read, “NNDPP 2020 ENTRY.”
- In the body of the mail add full name, a bio not more than 70 words, email address, and phone number.
- No entry Fee.
- Entrants retain copyright of their works but submission gives us permission to publish selected poems in a future anthology.
- First Prize: N70,000
- Second Prize: N50,000
- Third Prize: N30,000
Related Literary Contests
- Stephen A. Dibiase 6th Annual Poetry Prize | Payment: $1400
- Dread Machine Anthology Submission | Prize: $800, Publication
- EPOCH Magazine Submission | Payment: $50 per poem, $150 per story
- New York Encounter Poetry contest 2021 | Prizes: $500, Publication
- 2021 World Press Photo Storytelling Contests (€5000 Cash Prize)
- Call for Entries: My Campus Story and My Campus Innovation 2020|N150,000 Cash
How to Submit for Nigerian Newsdirect Poetry Prize 2020
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: “n” appears three times in the email address).
DEADLINE: January 25,2021
Add to Calendar
While you SHARE this opportunity with FRIENDS, please FOLLOW us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.