In response to exceptional works done by journalists and filmmakers in covering the impact of Coronavirus in developing countries, One World Media launched the Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020.
COVID-19 is a global story like few others. We’re connected by a shared crisis that presents us all with new ways of living and seeing the world. One World Media wants to champion stories that show what is happening beyond our borders and spotlight international perspectives on the pandemic.
Applications are currently being received. Apply with stories that show the potential solutions, the urgent needs and the surprising implications of COVID-19 around the world. The Award will be for a piece of media in any format, including print, film, audio, or digital media.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- All entries should focus on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to the developing world, including Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States.
- Jurors will be looking for media that covers underreported stories or new angles and approaches to more familiar stories.
- Entries must have had their first screening, broadcast, theatrical release, launch or publication between December 1, 2019 and July 30, 2020.
- The Coronavirus Reporting Award is open to entrants anywhere in the world, as long as the work meets one of the following criteria:
- The entry has been broadcast, screened or published (in print or in an established online publication/website) in the UK; OR
- The entry has been broadcast or published (in an established print/online publication/website) internationally and is available for an English-speaking audience; OR
- The entry has been screened at an international film festival.
Entries will be evaluated based on the overall merit of the piece, with an emphasis on:
Relevance of the coverage
- The focus must be on stories or topics in, about or related to a developing country
- Include the voices and views of people in/from developing countries
Quality of the coverage
- Well-crafted, structured and engaging
- High production and editorial values
- Distils and presents complex topics to the target audience in an understandable and accessible way
Originality and creativity of the coverage
- All entries should highlight under-reported stories or issues, or explore new angles on familiar topics.
- They are particularly looking at how the story is told: Is it amplifying voices that are normally unheard? Is it an inspiring story that will create change? Does the story challenge misperceptions or stereotypes of developing countries?
Substance and accuracy of the coverage
- Depth of research and analysis
- Well-researched, accurate and balanced reporting
Impact and reach of the coverage
- Demonstrates the actual impact or potential for the coverage to catalyse change
- May have prompted additional media coverage or policy change
- Consideration may be given to the total audience reached
Submissions for the One World Media Coronavirus Reporting Award are open now and the winner will be announced in October 2020.
Deadline: July 30, 2020
Click here to apply
Follow ACEworld Publishers on Twitter for more opportunities, latest educational, career and literary news. Click the button below.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.