|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The purpose of the scholarship is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competences in Life Sciences and Material Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect, and improve performance.
The scholarship will offer two scholarships to young leaders around the world, who are working to further the transition from a linear to a circular and/or bio-based economy.
The scholarship focuses on DSM’s purpose-driven domain, Resources & Circularity. DSM’s ambition is to safeguard the future availability of natural resources and to unlock more value from the limited resources that are available. In order to reach this two-fold goal, DSM focuses on five circularity drivers to design and manufacture its solutions:
- Reduce the use of critical resources
- Replace scarce, hazardous and potentially harmful resources with renewable and safer alternatives
- Extend the lifetime of products
- Design for recyclability
- Recover waste streams
To be eligible to receive this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30.
- Available for all nationality
- 3-5 years of experience in business, and preferably running their own business.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants making a positive impact on accelerating the transition towards a circular and/or bio-based economy in one (or more) of the following ways:
Materials innovation & design: redesigning, or designing new materials by addressing any one (or more) of DSM’s five circularity drivers as outlined above – Reduce, Replace, Extend, Design, Recove
Entrepreneurship: contributing to circularity by implementing new business models in the following markets: Buildings (including interior) & construction, Textiles, Heavy Marine & Fishing industry, Electronics, Automotive, Food packaging, 3D printing.
Advocacy and shaping opinions: raising awareness and having a leading voice in the transition towards a circular & bio-based economy
Clean up initiatives: driving clean up initiatives on waste, by not only cleaning up but also by viewing waste as a resource
Digitalization: using new technologies to support radical transparency, and to keep materials at their highest utility and value
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): Munich, Germany
Number of Awards: 2
Before you proceed, kindly consider these opportunities below:
- AdamStart COVINATOR Teen Prize 2020
- UNICEF Internship Programme for All Nationalities, 2020
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- Know Innovate Transform (KIT) Impact Challenge 2020
Value of Award
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal onboarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
Duration of Award: between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April 2021
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.