The scholarship is for young social entrepreneurs with local/global initiatives who want to accelerate their leadership journey.
Target Group: Anyone above 18 years of age
Deadline: September 25, 2020
Mode of Application: Online
About the Summit
Novartis wants to extend their culture of curiosity and “unbossed” mentality to create an opportunity for young leaders who have a passion for healthcare and for creating a better and healthier world.
The scholarship is for young entrepreneurs in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers, medical students.
Novartis will select 10 scholars from a shortlist of pre-selected candidates provided by One Young World after a 1-hour online leadership test. Evaluations will be based on a score of options like:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Having a good understanding of global issues
- Skills; collaborator, creative, enthusiastic, challenge the status quo
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany holding from 23 – 26 April
- Hotel accommodation during the summit
- Travel to and from Munich, Germany
- All meals covered
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Provides a forum to pitch and share initiatives
- A mentorship program with Novartis employee(s)
- Pre-summit meeting or lunch with OYW Norvatis delegation
How to apply
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. Application from those older than 30 with exemplary personal impact, impact and willingness to engage will also be considered. Delegates below the age of 18 are not allowed to apply.