The 6th Singapore Poetry Contest, organized annually by Singapore Unbound’s SP Blog is currently being held. Winners will be nominated for the Hawker Prize, and the top three winners will be awarded USD100, 50, and 20 respectively.
Application is free and the deadline for submission is July 15, 2020. They are looking for poems that include the word “Singapore” in a creative manner. The poems do not have to be about Singapore; as a matter of fact, they prefer it if the poems are not about Singapore. They just have to use the word “Singapore” in a way significant to the poems’ own subject and method.
Eligibility for the 6th Singapore Poetry Contest
- The contest is only open to poets who are Neither citizens nor permanent residents in Singapore.
- Contest entry is free.
- There are no age restrictions set.
Guidelines to submit
- Submit a maximum of three poems. Only unpublished poems will be considered. Posting on weblog, Facebook, and other social media does not constitute publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, provided you inform SP Blog if your poem is accepted elsewhere.
- All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The poem(s) must be pasted into the body of the email, together with a cover letter which should include your name, mailing address,and background information.
- The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2020.
- Results of the 6th Singapore Poetry Contest will be announced in August and the winning poems published in the run-up to Singapore’s National Day on August 9.
- Winners will be nominated for the Hawker Prize, organized by Sing Lit Station, with a top prize of SGD1,500.
- Awards of USD100, 50, and 20 will go to the top three winners.
- The winning poems will be published on SP Blog; non-winning poems will be considered for publication as well.
- The judge is the editor of SP Blog, Jee Leong Koh.
- Judging will be based solely on poetic merit. The blog reserves the right not to make any or all awards, should the quality of entries not merit them.