To start with, before you read, ask yourself: what are my expectations in this anthology? The beauty of every work of art isn't just about reading, appreciating, commenting, and critiquing...That's why I wouldn't want you to just read, but also listen to every single line with readiness to learn from it.
You might be wondering what the theme is all about...
"Si(gh)lent Night is a 'mo(on)ment' of sighs and wanders". – Esv_Keks
Si(gh)lent Night is a collection of poems that focuses not just only on the birth of Jesus Christ; but it tends to bring into limelight: the dreadful, heartbreaking, silent moments that can make victims to take deep sighs, and illegal acts in the society we live today, as most of these acts happen at night.
The initiator of si(gh)lent Night, had therefore craved the indulgence of poets across the globe to weave words around the following sub themes: Rape, Robbery, Fetish crime, Prostitution, Domestic violence, Solitude, Christmas, among others.
- Broken Voices – Young Creatives Speak Back (The 1000 Young African Poets Anthology)
- Why I consider Poetry an endangered art form – Interview Section with NLNG prizewinner Ikeogu Oke
- Unveiling The Hypocrisy Swept Under The Rug Of Religion; An Expository Essay On The Attainment Of Mental Freedom
- Jide Badmus Publishes ‘There Is A Storm In My Head’
- 29 ways to tell if a girl is truly in love with you
- Book Review: A Review Of ‘In My Father’s House’ by Mosobalaje M Abimbola
Take a look at our recent updates at ACEworld and subscribe to our news feed for instant notification of posts via email.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.