A leading Nigerian newspaper is looking to employ reporters, investigative journalists and copy editors. Please see the requirements and other details below:
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidates are preferably young with excellent writing skills. Any degree is fine so long the candidate has excellent writing skills, is passionate about journalism and is ready for new challenges.
PAY: N170,000 monthly (net), transport allowance of N20,000 monthly, pension, paid annual leave 28 days, 13th month salary and funding for special investigative stories etc.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidates are brilliant and creative writers but more importantly people of courage and conviction who are willing to go the whole hog for stories and are passionate about uncovering injustice and holding the powerful to account. Three to five years of experience is COMPULSORY. Candidates without experience will not be considered.
PAY: N200,000 monthly, transport allowance of N20,000 monthly, pension, paid annual leave 28 days, 13th month salary and funding for special investigative stories etc.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
REQUIREMENTS: Interested candidates must be able to:
- work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- recognise the news from bulky documents and clumsy speeches;
- identify stronger angles within stories sent by reporters;
- spot grammatical and factual errors;
- provide context background and analysis for reports;
- fact-check stories to avoid copyright infringements;
- and cast creative headlines that accurately capture the essence of stories.
Experience as a copy editor for three to five years is COMPULSORY. Copy editors and proof readers in the publishing industry are especially encouraged to apply.
PAY: Pay negotiable and based on experience.
How to Apply
To apply for any of these positions, please send your CV to: [email protected]. A cover letter is unnecessary, but CV should contain links to three of your published stories. Please attach an essay of no more than 500 words on the topic:
‘Journalism in a rapidly-changing world’
Submissions that come without the essay will NOT be considered. Deadline is Sunday July 18, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Other job offers
- Job Openings at Stylesbrough, Lansrock Ltd & Nodrote Ventures
- Apply for job positions at PWAN Group, Zoe Life Beverages, Worldlink Insurance etc
- Latest Recruitments at Microsoft Nigeria | Apply Now
- Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Recruitment 2021 Commences/Apply
- Latest Vacancies at British Council, Unilever, Others
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.