The Royal Society is now accepting nominations for researchers at an early stage of their research career for the 2021 Africa Prize. Winners will receive a grant of £15,000 to support their research.
The Royal Society Africa Prize aims to recognise research scientists based in Africa who are making an innovative contribution to the sciences.
The Royal Society has a broad range of medals including the Premier Awards, subject-specific awards and medals celebrating the communication and promotion of science. All of these are awarded to recognise and celebrate excellence in science. The Royal Society Africa Prize will be made to an individual for an outstanding, innovative contribution to the sciences which contributes significantly to capacity building in Africa.
Royal Society Africa Prize Eligibility
- The Prize is intended for researchers at an early stage of their research career with the potential to build a research project to follow on from the prize.
- The research must be based in Africa.
- Nominations can be made by senior academics and members of the national academies of science.
- The project and nominee should be linked with an African centre of excellence, which would normally be a University, or equivalent research centre.
- Normally the Prize is given to an individual who has not yet reached full Professorship status.
Royal Society Africa Prize Award
- Winners will receive a grant of £15,000 to support their research. The medal is of bronze, awarded annually and is accompanied by a gift of £2,000.
Other grant opportunities
- Royal Society Africa Prize 2021 for Early-Stage Researchers
- DATA4COVID19 Africa Challenge 2021 for Africans
- 2020 Cooper Contest | Obtain N200,000 academic support fund
- FG launches application for N75 billion Youth Investment Fund | How to apply
- How to apply for the N75 Billion Federal Government Survival Fund
How to Nominate for Royal Society Africa Prize
Nominators are required to submit two referees for the nominee. These will be requested once nominations have closed and are shared with the relevant selection committee.
Nominations close on February 15, 2021 at 3pm GMT.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📱 Read Offline with our Web App