The Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) was established in 1961 when a general meeting of top managers in Commerce, Industry and Government was convened to discuss the formation of a management Institute in Nigeria. Subsequently, the Nigerian Management Group was formed. The Group was immediately accorded recognition by many international institutions like the British Institute of Management, American Management Association etc. In January 1964, the Nigerian Management Group changed its name to the Nigerian Institute of Management and was duly incorporated under the Nigerian Companies Act, Cap. 37 as a non-profit making company, limited by Guarantee and not having a share capital.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Council Affairs
Job Type: Full Time
|SEE ALSO: Business Development Manager at Infytel Communications Limited|
The ideal candidate would be responsible for servicing and providing secretarial/administrative support services to the Chief Executive Officer, Council and Committee meetings and the Annual General Meetings.
- The successful candidate will be in charge of the Council Secretariat. He/She will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining an organized information system and ensuring effective storage, safety and speedy provision of required information/data;
- Managing internal and external correspondence for and on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer;
- Issuing meeting notices (Council and other meetings), recording minutes of meetings and communicating Council decisions to directors, Departmental Heads and other stakeholders;
- Preparing reports/briefs to the CEO, Council and other Committees as may be directed by the Chief Executive;
- Vetting all letters and memos drafted for Chief Executive’s endorsement to avoid errors, and writing speeches for the President/Chief Executive;
- Coordinating the Chief Executive and Council’s activities and itinerary among other duties.
- Preparing minutes of meetings not more than 72 hours after each meeting, documenting action plans and following up before the next meeting;
|SEE ALSO: Nigerian government to provide 20,000 jobs annually for graduates - Osinbajo|
- B.Sc. / HND in Secretarial Administration or any of the Social Sciences / Humanities from any recognized university/polytechnic, plus NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
- Possession of a higher degree with the membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of cognate experience with verifiable evidence of substantial accomplishments.
- Skills and Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial, administrative and human resource management.
- Must be articulate, proactive and ready to put in extra working hours when necessary.
- Must be grounded in Microsoft Office Suite, and be internet savvy.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV, Credentials and other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
17th June 2021.
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App