The Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest 2020 is open to writers around the world. One winner receives $1,000 while the three runners-up win $200 each. Deadline for submission is 31st July 2020.
According to the call, "we are in the age of social media. It is everywhere, around us, mostly pictures and videos. To communicate with clarity and depth, nothing is better than the real language, with words. Writing skill is essential to success in life and career."
The purpose of the contest is to remind people of the benefits of writing. Each story is limited to 5,000 characters or roughly 1,000 words. You can write about good life experience, or bad, embarrassing, frightening ones.
"At this moment we are in this COVID-19 pandemic. As the coronavirus continues to spread and keep people at home, you as a writer should write down your experience of quarantine life. Tell your stories in words and pictures: pantry inventories, window views, workout routines, neighbours helping neighbours, homeschooling activities… Or more dramatic: fighting the virus yourself, sick family member at home or hospital, treating patients as a healthcare provider, dealing with pain losing a friend."
Eligibility for Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest
- The contest is open to anyone from everywhere, every country, every corner of the world.
- Each story (or once chapter of your stories) is limited to 5,000 characters or roughly 1,000 words.
- Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest Prizes.
- One winner will receive $1,000.
- Three runners-up can win $200 each.
- Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest Selection Criteria.
- The winners will be determined by the quality of the writing, and the votes by other users’ likes and comments.
How to Submit for Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest
- Register for a Biopage account (use the registration link down this article or download and register on iOS or Android app).
- First, complete your profile, write a bio to introduce yourself.
- Click “Update”, and post your essay there. Please include a title and a picture or video. Use “writing contest” as one of the tags. Copy the web address of the post.
- Return to this page on a computer, and click “Enter the Contest”, and paste the web address of the post.
- Share your essay with your friends, ask them to like and comment.