Applications are now being received for the Dalhousie University Scholarships to Study in Canada. All applications must be through the Online Scholarship Platform provided herein.
Applications are done through the Harmonized Scholarship Process which allows for a current/prospective master’s and PhD students to be considered for several FGS-managed scholarships using a single application.
All required application material must be submitted via the Online Scholarship Platform. Late submission may result in your application not being eligible for review. Only one Harmonized Scholarship application will be accepted per student per year.
Founded in 1818, Dalhousie University is one of Canada’s oldest universities, attracting more than 19,000 students from around the world. The university is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia which is ranked one of the friendliest cities in the world. The university makes a lasting impact by blending transformative academic programs with pioneering research on Canada’s East Coast.
Dalhousie University Scholarships Benefits
Scholarships are awarded to deserving students and provide up to $60,000. Below is the list of available scholarships.
- Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship,
- Killam Predoctoral Scholarships,
- Eliza Ritchie Doctoral Entrance Scholarship for Women,
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Entrance Scholarship for African Canadians,
- African Nova Scotian Graduate Scholarship,
- Indigenous Graduate Scholarship,
- Vitamin Scholarship,
- Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship.
Graduate Programs at the Dalhousie University
Below is the full list of available graduate programs at the Dalhousie University
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Business (Master of Science)
Business Administration (MBA ‑ Corporate Residency)
Business Administration (MBA ‑ Financial Services)
Business Administration (MBA ‑ Leadership)
Civil and Resource Engineering
Civil Engineering and Planning*
Clinical Vision Science
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Community Health & Epidemiology
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Computer Science (Applied)
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Food Science and Technology
Information (Formerly Library and Information Studies)
International Development Studies
Microbiology & Immunology
Mineral Resource Engineering
Occupational Therapy Entry Level
Occupational Therapy Post Professional
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Physics and Atmospheric Science
Physiology & Biophysics
Psychology & Neuroscience
Public Administration (Management)
Resource & Environmental Management
Dalhousie University Scholarships Eligibility
To benefit from one or more scholarships, candidates must apply and get admitted to a graduate program. Below is a common admission criteria.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 credit hours of study
- Degree granted by university of recognized standing.
Doctor of Philosophy degree
- First-class thesis Master’s degree or its equivalent ;
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 credit hours of study ;
- Degree granted by university of recognized standing ;
- Most candidates for admission to a doctoral program possess a Master’s Degree. Direct entry to some programs is possible for those with exceptional academic standing.
Before you proceed to apply, take a look at these scholarships below:
- MBA Scholarship at the Brunel University London, 2021-2022
- Federal Scholarship Award For Nigeria Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
- Apply for €5000 Study a Master’s in Europe Scholarship 2021
- 2020 Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
- UToronto Medical Sciences Scholarships to Study in Canada
- 2021 Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarship For Nigerian Students
- Study in UK: Chevening Fully Funded UK Government Scholarship Programme 2021/2022
How to Apply
Interested candidates in this scholarship need to click on the “apply now” button after the summary below to create an account and follow instructions to submit their application.
TARGET: Masters, PhD
PRIZE: Fully, Partially Funded
HOST: Dalhousie University
DEADLINE: February 19, 2021
REMINDER: Support Room
Applications deadline varies per program. However, the submission deadline for most programs is December 1, 2020. Candidates applying for the James Robinson Johnston Graduate Scholarship for African Canadian, African Nova Scotian Graduate Scholarship, or Indigenous Graduate Scholarship may submit a non-thesis application up until February 19, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Candidates should check the university website or contact the university for precise deadlines. To know more about the Dalhousie University Scholarships to Study in Canada, please visit the official page.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.