Interested candidates can now apply for admission for a graduate program at the Queen's University in Canada. Applicants will benefit from minimum funding that are guaranteed for all graduate students.
The Queen's University in Canada Graduate Scholarship is awarded to admitted Canadians and International Students in a Master's or PhD degree program. While funding are primarily provided for PhD students, the majority of Master's students in research degree programs also receive substantial funding support.
Created in 1841 by a royal charter from Queen Victoria, Queen’s University is a public research university in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. The university has undergraduate, graduate, and professional faculties and schools. In 1869, Queen’s was the first Canadian university west of the Maritime provinces to admit women.
Queen’s is a co-educational university with more than 25,000 students and over 135,000 alumni living worldwide. In the 2016-2017 academic year, more than 2,940 international students (more than 11% of Queen’s full-time student population) studied at the university.
- Host institution: Queen’s University in Canada.
- Fields of study: Available programs at the Queen’s University.
- Number of scholarships: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to 2 years for master’s degree students and up to 4 years for PhD candidates.
- Target Group: open to Canadians and international students.
Queen’s University provides a minimum funding guarantee currently valued at $18,000 per year, for eligible doctoral students. This amount is a minimum, and actual doctoral student support may be substantially higher in many cases, depending on the program of study.
This minimum amount does NOT include the International Tuition Award (or equivalent) valued at $5,000 that each incoming international PhD student automatically receives.
Funding is guaranteed for 4 years as long as students remain in good academic standing. The majority of Master’s students in research degree programs also receive substantial funding support.
Available Fields of Study
Below is the list of available programs at the university.
- Commerce ;
- Computing ;
- Concurrent Education ;
- Creative Arts ;
- Engineering and Applied Science ;
- Humanities ;
- Languages and Cultures ;
- Life Sciences ;
- Physical Sciences ;
- Nursing ;
- Social Sciences.
- The guaranteed minimum will apply to all full time doctoral students registered in years 1 – 4 (i.e. new and continuing students) of their programs.
- Eligible doctoral students must maintain good academic standing in order to qualify.
- Eligible doctoral students must be qualified to receive the usual sources offered by their home department as part of a funding package. This implies that, particularly in the case of a teaching assistance position, the student must be in residence for enough of the full academic year in order to be reasonably available for employment.
- In addition, students must apply for all major external and internal (where appropriate) scholarships for which they are eligible in order to qualify for the minimum guarantee.
- Students must have requested financial support upon their initial application for admission to a Queen’s doctoral program in order to be eligible. It is assumed that the information provided in terms of a Yes or No in response to the query ‘Do you require financial support from Queen’s University’ applies throughout the student’s academic.
Master’s degree Candidates
Master’s degree students need to meet admission requirements of their program. Please click here for specific requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants first need to apply and get admission for a master’s degree or PhD degree program at the Queen’s University. Candidate must answer Yes in response to the query ‘Do you require financial support from Queen’s University’ Upon admission, they will receive the funding
TARGET: Masters, PhD
PRIZE: Partially Funded
HOST: Queens University
DEADLINE: 15 November 2020
REMINDER: Support Room
For more information about the Queen's University in Canada graduate scholarship, click the More Info button above.