> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award is currently open to submissions. The award, presented by ThePoetrySociety will be judged Maura Dooley and Keith Jarrett, with British-Nigerian poet Theresa Lola.
The prize is open to young poets of any nationality between the ages of 11 and 17. There is no entry fee, and entrants can enter as many poems as they wish.
Benefits of Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award
Each year they select 100 winners (top 15 winners and 85 commended poets) of the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award who win amazing prizes.
- All entrants will receive a certificate of participation
- All 100 winners will be invited to a prestigious Awards Ceremony in London.
- The top 15 winners will have their poems printed in the winners’ print anthology, 25,000 copies of which are distributed to school libraries and poetry enthusiasts. The anthology is also available online.
- The 85 commended poets will have their work published in an online anthology and their names in the print anthology.
- The top 15 winners will be invited to attend a life-changing residential writing course at one of the prestigious Arvon Centres, or receive mentoring from a professional poet (age-dependent). Read more about the experience.
- All 100 winners receive a year’s Youth Membership of The Poetry Society.
- All 100 winners will receive a goody bag full of books and other treats donated by our generous supporters.
- All 100 winners benefit from ongoing support and encouragement from the Poetry Society via publication, performance and an internship programme. In the past year, Foyle Young Poets have been featured on BBC Radio 3, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 6, The Times and The Guardian, and have been seen at events at Ledbury Poetry Festival, Library Club, Proms Lates at the Royal Albert Hall and Wenlock Poetry Festival.
Before you proceed, kindly consider these opportunities below:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- AdamStart COVINATOR Teen Prize 2020
- UNICEF Internship Programme for All Nationalities, 2020
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- Know Innovate Transform (KIT) Impact Challenge 2020
The entries must be written in English but can contain phrases in another language.
Meanwhile, in line with celebrating its 10th anniversary, Pop Up Projects will be publishing Ten Stories to Make a Difference. Each winning entrant will receive £500 for their story amongst other benefits. Deadline is 30th July 2020.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.