|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|NB: There is an archive for all Free Online Courses around the world. Check here!|
Learn how to develop a funding strategy for your business; explore different types of finance and learn when, and how, to use them.
|👨💼 Sponsor: The Open University|
|📚 Field: Digital Economy|
|🌐 Host: FutureLearn|
|🎓 Mode: Online|
|🎓 For more: Subscribe to Courses|
Evaluate how to fund your business investment
Every business needs cash to grow and develop. Some can find enough cash from their operations. Others might need external sources of finance, like a bank loan. So how does a business make robust decisions about borrowing?
Whether you are in a micro-business, a small to medium-sized organisation, or a large firm, this online course will guide you through finance options.
You will consider traditional and alternative finance options; evaluate what type of funding is suitable for your business; and develop a financial statement and funding strategy, to make the right decision.
- Assess the role of cash management in business and the relationship between cash management and business performance
- Consider the benefits and drawbacks of different sources of finance
- Understand the relevance of liquidity and solvency when managing a business
- Evaluate the role of cash flow forecasting and assess future cash requirements
- Understand the risks, benefits and drawbacks of different types of funding
- Decide on a suitable type of funding and assess risk-return issues
- Assess how and why alternative finance activities, such as crowdfunding, have evolved
- Assess the benefits and risks of alternative finance for business borrowers
- Evaluate the use of equity funding, both private and public equity issues
- Assess the role of private equity, and the benefits offered by different types of private equity for funding business growth
- Explore behavioural finance issues in investment decision-making
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for those with an interest in developing their financial skills to make robust decisions when managing business finance. The course does not require any previous experience in this subject.
Note: See other free online courses here.