Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.
Deadline for the first issue: 22.08.2018
We at Three Crows want your stories set in dark, weird, and gritty fantasy, horror, and sci-fi setting, with complex characters making morally ambiguous decisions. Think of a lovechild of Andjei Sapkowski, Naomi Novik, Joe Abercombie, Geroge R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, and China Mieville.
All submitted works must be:
- previously unpublished stories at a maximum of 4,000 words
- In English, Ukrainian, Polish, Russian, and German
- in a non-exhausted (think – LotR, GoT, Shannara and etc.) fantasy or sci-fi setting
- Slavic folklore and setting are of highest priority
- of the highest possible quality (well-written in sense of both drama and grammar)
- must be submitted in Standard Manuscript Format
- submitted electronically in .doc or .docx format (no stories in the body of the email)
What we don’t want:
- Retellings of Christo-Judean mythology in a new setting;
- Stories based on your DnD adventures;
- Stories where rape/abuse is the sole character development tool;
- Slow zombies;
- Demonization of any current political party or political system;
- Retellings of ‘Omen’ series;
No simultaneous and no multiple submissions until the next submission cycle. Send your work to editor (at) threecrowsmagazine (dot) com with the following in the subject line:
Short Fiction Submission: <Story Title>
In the body of the email (address it to Alex), tell us the following:
- Story Title.
- Word count.
- A 1-2 sentence summary of the story.
- A list of works published in any other paid markets (no self-published works).
- A 1-2 sentence about yourself for the bio.
We pay $25 (USD) per story.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Technically we expect artwork to be available in a 300dpi .tif. Portrait 5.5″ wide by 8.5 high. Artwork for covers must include a 1/4″ bleed.
It shouldn’t be outright genre-ish. We prefer 2D digital and traditional painting. No photography or photorealistic paintings. If you’re interested – leave a link to a gallery or send your images to editor at threecrowsmagazine dot com and we will evaluate if it is a good fit for the issue and discuss the rates.
We are buying first world-exclusive serial and electronic rights, Ukrainian and Russian translation rights, non-exclusive world anthology and audio rights, from the date the contract is signed and paid for up until 1 year (12 months) after the publication date.
After 1 year (12 months), we’ll retain non-exclusive distribution rights.
🕛 Oct 08, 2022 JPMorgan Chase Code for Good Africa Challenge for Young Africans 2022 in General Competitions | for Africans
🕛 Oct 09, 2022 2022 MTN Nigeria mPulse Spelling Bee for Nigerian Primary & Secondary School Students in General Competitions | for Children
🕛 Oct 09, 2022 Apply: 2022 Huawei Apps Up Global App Innovation Contest for Developers in General Competitions | for Everyone
🕛 Oct 09, 2022 Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 in General Competitions | for Entrepreneurs
🕛 Oct 12, 2022 Mujeres por África Science by Women Contest for African Women 2022 in General Competitions | for Girls & Women
🕛 Oct 13, 2022 Call For Applications: DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2022 in Trainings and Workshops | for Nigerians
🕛 Oct 13, 2022 Government of Ireland 2023 Masters & PhD Scholarships for International Students in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Oct 13, 2022 Lagos State Agripreneurship Programme (LAP) for Young Nigerians 2022 in Trainings and Workshops | for Entrepreneurs
🕛 Oct 14, 2022 Call for Applications: Enlighten Empower Grow Summit 2022 in Entrepreneurship Prizes | for Africans
🕛 Oct 14, 2022 DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Research Grants for International Students 2023 in Grants & Fundings | for Post Graduates