The UNICEF Internship Programme is an opportunity for eligible students to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s works. Internships at UNICEF, subject to funds availability.
UNICEF is active in various functional areas related to its mandate, which can be categorized into three main pillars: Programme and Policy, External Relations and Operations.
Internships are offered depending on the needs and capacity of offices to receive and supervise interns. Currently, available Internship opportunities are advertised on the UNICEF employment page. The UNICEF Internship Programme has been revised to broaden the eligibility criteria and introduce the paid modality.
UNICEF Internship Programme Details
- Host Institution: The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Varies.
- Eligible countries: All nationalities.
UNICEF Internship Programme Benefits
Internships at UNICEF can be unpaid or paid, subject to funds availability. Regardless of the Internship payment modality, all successful applicants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel, lodging and living expenses during the internship period. In case you are selected to an unpaid internship with UNICEF, there are a number of resources for supporting internships.
UNICEF Internship Programme Eligibility
To be considered for an internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an Undergraduate, graduate or PhD degree programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the office you are applying to is required.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which that you will report to.
Individuals must demonstrate excellent academic performance through recent university or institution records. Additional consideration will be given to any past professional experience.
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities also:
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 (Worth $30,000)
- Submit to The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award 2020
- World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program, 2021
- World Trade Organization Internship Programme, 2020-2021
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
Candidates who are interested in applying for the Internship Programme need to click on the apply button below to access the employment page for a list of available internship opportunities.
All applications must be submitted through the online e-recruitment system. To apply for an internship, open the Internship advertisement page and click on the “Apply” button found at the bottom.
There is no specific deadline. Internship vacancies are advertised all year round on the employment page. Please refer to details of the specific internship vacancy advertisement for important information such as deadline and duration of the internship.
Join us for MORE onFollow @aceworldp