Applications are currently being received for the United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The Young Professionals Programme is a unique opportunity for qualified young professionals from eligible countries to start a career at the United Nations.
The Young Professionals Programme is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
- Host: United Nations (UN).
- Areas of Work: UN work areas.
- Duration: Two-year.
- Deadline: October 31, 2020
- Ask questions, seek help: Join our forum
- Contract Type: Two-year fixed-term contract renewable to a continuing contract (subject to satisfactory performance).
- Target group: Open to nationals of the following countries: Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Monaco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of).
United Nations Young Professionals Programme Benefits
Candidates who pass the YPP examination will be offered a two-year fixed term contract at the start of their professional career with the UN. After two years, they will be granted a continuing contract, subject to satisfactory performance.
Candidates can also be offered a temporary contract while they are waiting for an available post. Such contract is not a fixed-term two year contract for the purposes of the YPP and does not carry the expectation of renewal after the expiry of the contract. Temporary contracts are an effective way to gain experience in the organization while waiting to be recruited to a vacant P-1/P-2 post
United Nations Young Professionals Programme Eligibility
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year. To apply for YPP program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- have the nationality of a participating country.
- hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- be fluent in either English or French.
Those who are interested in this opportunity must follow steps below to submit their Applications.
Step 1: Confirm your eligibility
Carefully review basic application criteria on the YPP Home page.
Step 2: Review the job opening
Read the job opening for the exam subject you are interested in and make sure you fulfil the requirements. The list of job openings can be found on the YPP Home page.
Step 3: Prepare an application
Apply to the selected job opening through Inspira. Additional guidelines on creating applications are available by clicking on the “Manuals and Help’’ link found in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage when you log in to inspira.un.org. Please use the Applicant Guide for more details.
TARGET: Young Professionals
LEVEL: Qualified Graduates
PRIZE: Not Applicable
HOST: United Nations (UN)
DEADLINE: October 31 2020
REMINDER: Support Room
Kindle share the opportunity with others.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App