Utrecht University is now accepting applications from eligible international students for its 2021-2022 Excellence Scholarships.
The scholarships are awarded to International Students who have been accepted for a Masters degree program at Utrecht University. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme.
The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree. The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- You belong to the top 10% of your graduating class: An official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2021.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Benefits
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees or
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Selection Criteria.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
- Study in UK: GSK Fully Funded Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2021/2022
- Study-In-Japan: 2021 ADB Scholarship at Asia Pacific University
- Apply for €5000 Study a Master’s in Europe Scholarship 2021
- NNPC/Chevron JV Agbami Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Undergraduates
- Study in Canada, USA: FDU Scholarships for International Students
How to Apply for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2021 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before December 1.