|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund grant with the overarching objective of accelerating TB case notification in the state. As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry is legally responsible for the overall management of the grant, ensuring the attainment of the programmatic results and accountability of all grant and state resources.
To fulfil this mandate, the Ministry established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out these functions by working with other implementing units (TB, SASCP, and RSSH) within the ministry, Sub-Recipients (SRs), and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is efficiently managed and implemented in compliance with the grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: GMU Coordinator
Duration of Contract: 10 months (March 2023 to December 2023, with a possibility of extension)
Expected to Resume: March 2023
- Support the GMU Coordinator across all aspects of grant management on behalf of the Principal Recipient, in compliance with the policies and procedure of the Global Fund and Lagos State Government which includes: oversee the development of annual work plan and budgets for the PR, Sub Recipients (SR) and Technical Assistance (TA) Providers; coordinating the implementation of grant activities in accordance with the workplan and budget and technical protocols; capacity building risk management and liaising with the Implementing Units – SASCP, STBLCP, RSSH team and other implementers for successful grant implementation.
|SEE ALSO: List of 7 Grants & Fundings on Latest Opportunities|
Specific Objectives & Duties
- Facilitate program management, capacity assessment, identifying gaps and together with other Units, develop and implement action plans for grant improvement.
- In collaboration with SASCP, STBLCP, RSSH team, Sub-Recipients, TA Providers and other stakeholders develop annual work plans and budgets for approval by the GMU Coordinator and the Permanent Secretary.
- Develop, and periodically update Program Implementation Plan and guidelines for the grant in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Global Fund.
- Support the monitoring of the Sub Recipients and other implementers to ensure implementation and administration of grants is in accordance with the grant agreement and regulations.
- Upon approval by the GMU Coordinator / Permanent Secretary of annual work plan and budget, coordinate the implementation of the work plan and budget, providing training, advice, and support to relevant officers of the Grant Management Unit, Sub-Recipients and other implementers (SASCP, STBLCP and RSSH team).
- Monitor the progress of the grant vis-à-vis implementation of approved activities and target achievement.
- Support the GMU Coordinator to coordinate and ensure timely submission of the Reprogramming requests from all implementing entities (SASCP, STBLCP and RSSH) including the SRs and TAs on the grant.
- In collaboration with the Implementing Units (SASCP, STBLCP, and RSSH), ensure technical guidelines and protocols are made available to the Sub Recipients, health facilities, and supported health workers are trained on their application.
- Provide feedback, support, and capacity development to Sub Recipients and other implementers (SASCP, STBLCP, and RSSH) on the implementation of grant activities. and proactively identify areas for improvement and attention that will enhance grant performance.
- Contribute to the regular assessment of performance by Sub Recipients and TA Providers with the overarching objective of improving the grant performance.
- Support the Coordinator to ensure the reporting requirements (including timely submission) are fulfilled throughout the period of the grant.
- Establish and maintain a high level of communication with national programs to ensure effective technical coordination of grants and to ensure programmatic information and practices are considered in developing strategies and interventions for the grants to the Ministry of Health.
- Other duties as directed by the Coordinator of the Global Fund Grant Management Unit.
|SEE ALSO: NPC Begins Approval: How to Check Your Application Status and Submit Your Bank Details|
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development, or any related field.
- A Master’s Degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years experience in the implementation of public health programs relevant to those funded by the Global Fund – HIV, TB, Malaria, Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health
- At least 5 years of progressive work experience in the program management capacity of large donor-funded programs, International NGOs, or international support agencies (direct experience managing grants from the Global Fund will be an added advantage).
- Demonstrated expertise in Health Systems Strengthening (in line with the WHO building blocks).
- Possess adequate knowledge of the Global Fund’s program implementation requirements and policies.
- Experience in program management including managing teams, performance management, risk management, and capacity building.
- Experience working with and maintaining good relations with donors, government institutions, counterparts, and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work independently while being a strong player in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other project management software.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of sub-grantees such as Sub Recipients, Technical Assistance Providers, etc.
- Proven capacity to undertake data analysis and interpretation for public health service programs and successful resolution of implementation challenges
- Ability to lead strategic planning and results-based management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks and prioritize meeting deadlines.
- Excellent project planning, management, and monitoring & evaluation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience in preparing high-quality reports and professional documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information clearly to co-workers etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 10th February, 2023 (5:00 pm)
- Filling online application by clicking on the link above.
- Upload your CV.
- All applications must be received on or before application closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.