|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
National Biotechnology Development Agency – In recognition of the importance of biotechnology to national development, the Federal Executive Council on 23rd of April 2001 approved the National Biotechnology Policy, which led to the establishment of the National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA) in November, 2001. The Agency was established under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology to implement the policy that is aimed at promoting, coordinating, and setting research and development priorities in biotechnology for Nigeria. Based on this premise, the programmes of the agency are structured in line with the international standard bearing in mind the development of local technological contents.
We invite applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the position below:
Job Title: Researcher – Candidate Vaccine Development
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 4 – 6 months renewable on satisfactory performance.
|SEE ALSO: Logistics Officer at TradeDepot | Pay: N1,200,000 – N1,400,000 Annually|
- The Agency’s mandate weighs on the promotion, coordination and deployment of cutting-edge biotechnology research & development processes and products for the socio-economic well-being of the nation.
- Her mission is to make Biotechnology an engine of growth for the socio-economic development of Nigeria, as well as maintain the Vision of promoting biotechnology activities that positively respond to national aspirations, especially on affordable healthcare delivery.
- To fast track its R &D activities the Agency is hereby inviting applications for a short term position in candidate vaccine development from suitably qualified candidates who must be of Nigeria national irrespective of country of residence.
- The Agency, therefore, wishes to engage experts willing to contribute in developing mRNA candidate vaccine and/or applying other approaches such as subunit protein technique at its Medical Biotechnology Facility in Abuja.
- We are seeking an interested candidate to describe and design mRNA vaccine candidates and/or apply other 3rd/4th generation approaches that will have potent application in the disease of interest currently being researched in the facility.
- The funded project covers a range of fundamental and applied areas in vaccine development. However, the selected candidate will have access to these laboratories; immunovirology, infectious disease & human biospecimen and the Forensic DNA situated in the Medical Biotechnology Department of the Agency.
- The position involves a collaborative activity of these laboratories as well as other partner laboratories to achieve the project aim.
- The Fellow therefore will work on developing and/or deploying technologies aimed at rapidly producing inexpensive, globally appropriate recombinant vaccines for important pathogens that include viruses.
- The work will involve classical molecular biology, virology, bacteriology, synthetic biology, recombinant expression systems and a variety of immunological techniques.
- The Fellow will also assist to work on optimizing candidate vaccine immunogens as well as the workflow systems.
- It is intended that candidates must have a background in any of the specialized areas of biological/medical sciences related to vaccine development while possessing skills in the human cell line, vector construction, PCR and molecular cloning.
- The successful candidate will be involved in full-time research or scholarship at NABDA.
|SEE ALSO: Fresh Job at CitiBank|
- PhD in Bacteriology, Virology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related speciality or
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) with extensive experience in vaccine technology or molecular diagnostics with a background in any of the following Bacteriology, Virology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related speciality.
- Knowledge and expertise in the cell line, RNA, technique, molecular cloning, electrophoresis, recombinant technique, and vector construction.
- Have a track record in areas of nucleic acid vaccine development and/or recombinant technology
- Very good communication skills in English
- The successful applicant should have a strong work ethic, resilience and commitment to working as a team player.
- Applicants must be Nigerian who may be residing within or outside the country.
Monthly allowance not below Research Officer cadre on CONRAISS 14 as provided for in the Federal Public Service however, experience may be considered.
|SEE ALSO: Graduate Internship at Citizen Journalists Network|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter & Research plan (maximum of 3 pages) to:
Director, Human Resources Management,
National Biotechnology Development Agency,
Umaru Musa Yaradua Express Way,
Applications may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
- Selection Process: Candidates will be screened and selected for an interview
- Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
- The successful applicant is expected to resume around April 2022.
Deadline: 28th February 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.