Chaka, an investment platform with global reach is in need of a Financial Writer for a full-time, remote position. Read requirements below.
Chaka is the go-to platform for African individuals and companies to invest globally. We provide access to 4000+ assets in 40+ countries including the US, UK, China, and Nigeria.
Backed by renowned investors locally and globally, we are seeking to hire a Stockbroker with a Get Things Done (GTD) DNA. You will be in charge of analyzing the stock market, finding profitable investment opportunities, and advising clients in making sound investment decisions. You should have the ability to work well in a high-pressure environment.
To be a successful Stockbroker, you should be able to make quick decisions that will benefit your clients. A top-performing Stockbroker should be able to utilize the best methods to continually source new clients and maintain good working relationships with them.
- Develop, write, edit, or proof content for a broad array of materials, including white papers and product support pieces
- Collaborate with content stakeholders in different functions, including Client Advisory, Strategy and Investment teams, to establish key objectives and themes for content
- Translate complex ideas into compelling, audience- and media-appropriate communications
- Provide proofreading and editing support for both technical and narrative materials
- Collaborate with other writers and content providers, designers, and outside resources to effectively execute initiatives that are timely and relevant for our target audiences
- BA/BS required; advanced degrees a plus
- 2 - 5 years of professional writing experience working for asset management or other investment-related company
- Exceptional writing/storytelling skills and demonstrated proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences with a particular focus on institutional investors as well as intermediaries and their clients
- Some editing and proofreading experience
- Strong understanding of investment concepts across equity, fixed, multi-asset, and alternative asset classes as well as capital market and macroeconomic trends
- Experience with quantitative investment strategies and proficiency in data analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal stakeholders and to convey credibility when working with investment professionals
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Fluent in office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of experienced investment professionals
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
POSITION: Financial Writer, Stockbroker
LEVEL: Entry level
INDUSTRY: Financial Services
REMINDER: Support Room