1,538,445 candidates sat for the examinations out of 1,549,740 students that registered, indicating 99.3% turn out.
In a recent development, the West African Examination Council board has announced that 1,003,668 candidates out of 1,538,445 students that sat for the 2020 WASSCE examination – representing about 65.24%, obtained at least a credit pass in a minimum of five subjects, that includes English and Mathematics.
What you need to know
- 1,538,445 candidates sat for the examinations out of 1,549,740 students that registered, indicating 99.3% turn out.
- Out of the 1,538,445 that sat for the examinations, 780,660 were male students (50.74%), while 757,785 were female candidates (49.26%).
- 19,129 recognized secondary schools in Nigeria participated in the examinations
- 1,456,727 candidates representing 94.69% of the candidates that sat for the examinations have their results fully processed.
- 1,338,348 candidates representing 86.99% obtained a minimum of credits in any five subjects with or without English and/or Mathematics.
- The result of 215,149 candidates (about 13.98%) that sat for the examination has been withheld, in connection to various reported cases of examination malpractice, which is currently being investigated.
How to check your result
This is the process of checking the results of the recently released West African Examinations Council.
- Go to https://www.waecdirect.org. which is the WAEC result checking portal.
- Enter your WAEC Examination Number in the required column.
- Select your Examination Year
- Select your Examination Type which is “school candidate result”.
- Then enter the Card Serial Number.
- Enter the Card PIN afterward.
- Finally, click the “Submit” button to get your 2020 WAEC Result.
The Results Checker PIN and Serial Number which are required by candidates to check their results online are contained on the candidate’s Smart Identity Card used during the conduct of the examination.
Head of the National Office of WAEC, Patrick Areghan, noted that the certificates of candidates whose results have been fully processed and released will be ready within the next 90 days with effect from today, Monday, November 2, 2020.