|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Nigeria’s Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed has explained why against public demand, the Federal government cannot share the funds donated by private Nigerians and organizations to Nigerians.
- COVID-19 relief packages: List of Nigerian senators and their contacts
- I see dead bodies in the streets of Africa due to Coronavirus – Bill Gates’ wife
- Coronavirus: Lagos state government commences house to house search for infected persons
According to Gistreel, over N15 billion have been recorded so far from donations by private Nigerians and Organizations.
Nigerians on social media have been calling on the Federal Government using the hashtag #PayUsViaBVN to share the donated funds as palliative measures against the threatening effect of the lockdown.
Reacting to this call, the Lai Mohammed who was featured on a Radio Nigeria programme today April 14, said the Federal government does not have the power to distribute such funds.
Lai Mohammed said the Federal government has advised the private individuals to use their donations to help develop the healthcare infrastructure in the country.
“The private sector donors are not giving any cash to the federal government and they have made this clear to the people. They said they will support the fight against the pandemic by asking government where they want healthcare infrastructure to be provided.
What government has done is to request them to build a 30-bed isolation ward and a 10-bed Intensive Care Unit in each state in the country. In addition, the federal government has given them a list of equipment and commodities that will also be needed. Therefore, the issue of using their donations to provide palliative cannot arise.”
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.