|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Applications are now invited from Scholars from Sub-Sahara Africa for the ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022. Benefits include scholarship instalment of €1,200 per month, travel allowance etc.
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) advertises two doctoral scholarships starting in Fall 2021. Additionally, two further doctoral scholarship can be granted starting in 2022.
The scholarships are related to the interdisciplinary research topic “Adaptation of marine socio-ecological systems to changing environments”. The ecosystems along the densely populated coasts of the tropical belt are particularly affected by severe global, regional and local environmental changes. Possibilities and consequences of the adaptation of biological and social systems to these progressive changes are to be investigated through different, mutually complementary research approaches. This topic is open for different disciplinary approaches and interdisciplinary cooperation.
ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants need to originate from Sub-Sahara Africa.
- They need to hold a university degree (international degrees must be equivalent to German “Diplom”, “Magister” or “Master”).
- The last final exam (Master’s degree or equivalent) must have taken place no longer than six years ago.
- At the time when DAAD receives the nomination letter (March 2021), applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months prior to the nomination.
- ZMT strives to increase the proportion of women in research and encourages females to apply for these positions.
ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship includes:
- A scholarship instalment of currently €1,200 per month;
- Travel allowance;
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover;
- A research allowance of currently € 460 per year;
- A preparatory intensive German language course starting in Summer 2021;
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about €200 child allowance per child and about €275 marriage allowance);
- Research Stays abroad are possible if they do not take longer than 25% of the scholarship period.
Related Scholarship Opportunities
- MTN mPulse Hackathon 2020 for Nigerian Primary & Secondary School Students | N1million, Samsung tablets etc
- Take part in Microsoft’s initiative to help 25 million people acquire digital skills
- Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2020 for JAMB Candidates
- MBA Scholarship at the Brunel University London, 2021-2022
- Ghent University Doctoral Scholarships 2021
How to Apply for ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship
- Step 1. Submit your application until December 20, 2020 here. The General Data Protection Regulation applies.The application consists of
- Personal details
- Your CV (max 2 pages)
- Concept of your Doctoral project related to the above mentioned topic: max 2-page. This concept has to be discussed and approved by a ZMT workgroup leader before submitting it. Please contact the ZMT workgroup leader beforehand!
- Letter of support from ZMT workgroup leader
- Letter of Reference from 2 referees (according to this template)
- Letter of Motivation (Why would you like to pursue a doctoral project at ZMT? Why do you think the suggested working groups could fit your interests?) – max 1 page
- Master and Bachelor degree certificates
- Step 2. After a pre-selection based on the written application potential candidates will have the opportunity to submit a 5-10-page project proposal and present their project to a ZMT selection committee in a video interview.
- Step 3. Selected candidates will be nominated by ZMT to the DAAD for the scholarship. A formal DAAD application needs to be submitted by the nominated candidates.
DEADLINE: 20 December 2020
Add to Calendar
While you SHARE this opportunity with FRIENDS, please FOLLOW us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.