The Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers is currently open for submissions. Writers who are interested in writing about feminism, tech, pop culture and activism are encouraged to apply. Who knows? You could win a spot in this highly selective three-month intensive writing fellowship.
If selected, you will have the honor of working with Bitch Media during any of the following four quarters:
January 1 – March 30
April 1 – June 30
July 1 – September 30
October 1 – December 31
What subject areas will fellows work throughout the duration of the fellowship ? :
Fellows will be working on: Sexual politics, Pop-culture criticism, Technology and Global feminism.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
1. Read the Bitch Media FAQs on the submittable page. It is an important criteria.
2. Write a cover letter (or statement of purpose) of a maximum 600 words. Describe your interest in the fellowships subject area of your choice.
3. Your cover letter should address the following questions:
1. A 1-2 page(s) long resume. Your resume must include among other things, your publication history if applicable. (You can still apply to a Bitch Media Writing Fellowship even if you don’t have any clips or prior publications).
2. Three (3) relevant writing samples
3. Short answer questions to help Bitch get to know you
4. Upload your documents on the Bitch Media 2020 Fellowship for Writers Submittable Page
Who is eligible to apply for the 2020 Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers?
Emerging writers with minimal publishing experience.
Writers who are passionate about any of the aforementioned subject areas/topics.(especially if you don’t have a history of writing or blogging about any of these topics).
Writers who are still trying to discover themselves.
Fellows may be based globally, and U.S. citizenship or residence is not a criteria for the fellowship. In other words, writers from all over the world are welcome to apply.