|🕡 Deadline: Feb/27/2021 [See all deadlines]|
|👫 Open to: Nigerians|
|🌍 Host Country: Nigeria|
|👤 For: Everyone|
|📑 Reminder: Google Calendar|
|🔊 Share on: WhatsApp Facebook Twitter|
|LOG IN NOW or REGISTER|
IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Project – The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) through its Youth in Agribusiness office is collaborating with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Songhai centre in Nigeria to implement the Integrated Agribusiness Hub Project.
The IFAD Agrihub project in Nigeria aims to create sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities for young people in agriculture and related activities in Nigeria by directly reaching 3410 young men and women within five years (30% for entrepreneurial track and 70% for employment track).
Each hub is expected to provide several services including 1) Capacity-building, training, and mentoring; 2) Technology testing, demonstration, and certification facilities; 3) Technology transfer; 4) International networking and collaboration; 5) Policy advocacy and market intelligence; and 6) Links to investors and other financing sources.
This project is directed toward realizing IFAD’s vision in empowering African youth through the establishment of a network of youth-centred Agribusiness Hubs in Nigeria.
The goal is to create sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities for youth in agriculture-related activities.
Each hub is expected to provide several services including;
- Capacity-building, training, and mentoring
- Technology testing, demonstration, and certification facilities
- Technology transfer;
- International networking and collaboration;
- Policy advocacy and market intelligence; and
- Links to investors and other financing sources.
- Crop Production: Field crops, grain legume, root crops, horticulture.
- Animal Production: Small animals, Cattle, dairy, swine, aquaculture.
- Farm Service: Seed technologies, plant propagation, composting, farm machinery, irrigation.
- Food Processing
- Light Industry
Benefits & Rewards
1. Design a Pioneering Agribusiness Hub: We shall increase wage opportunities of youths through the hubs.
3. Consolidated Training Resources: We shall identify useful facilities and upgrade for agric skills training and knowledge transfer.
How to Apply
🕡 Deadline: Feb/27/2021 [See all deadlines]
📩 Subscribe: WhatsApp, Telegram, E-Mail
📋 Category: Trainings.