|👤 Eligibility: In Essay Contests & Prizes for Children (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 23, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Founded in 1992, SystemSpecs is one of the oldest software companies in Nigeria. In 2006, SystemSpecs launched Remita, the payment API and service. The service predates the current fintech euphoria ushered in by the rise of payments startups.
Founded in 1992 with the aim of developing human capital management and financial software solutions, SystemSpecs Limited has emerged as a household name and pioneer of the software industry in Africa.
The company is inviting interested Nigerians to to encourage their children and wards to make an entry for the 2021 children’s Day Essay Competition.
This Competition is divided into two categories;
- Junior – Age 9-12 (1000 words max)
- Senior – Age 12 – 16 (1500 words max)
|SEE ALSO: CMO 15th Annual Essay Competition 2021|
- Given that this competition is for persons under the age of eighteen years old, any person shall only be eligible to participate in this competition if he obtains consent in a manner prescribed by SystemSpecs, from his parent or guardian. An intending participant may be required to provide proof of age, in addition to the consent from his parent or guardian, at any stage during or after the competition.
- By submitting your essay, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- If you decide to opt out of the competition, or if you decide to withdraw your consent for us to process your information and/or use any content provided by you, please send an email to email@example.com. Until we receive an email from you withdrawing your consent for us to use the information and/content you have provided, you shall be bound by the General Terms and Conditions of this competition.
1. All Essays submitted with the intention of participating in this competition will be judged based on the following criteria:
- No plagiarism
- Original ideas
- Relevant and applicable references to indigenous solutions in Nigeria.
- Well-referenced sources.
2. If you proceed to submit your essay using the entry submission portal below, you automatically grant SystemSpecs and its assigns the right to use and process any information and/or content provided by you in this competition for all purposes relating to your participation in this competition. Your information shall be processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations on Data protection including Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
3. The essay submitted by you must be your original work and must not infringe the rights of any other party. SystemSpecs shall not be responsible if you ignore these terms, and you agree to indemnify SystemSpecs against any claim by any third party from any breach of these terms and conditions.
4. You retain the copyright in your essay, but you grant to SystemSpecs a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry online and on any other platforms yet to be envisaged, together with your name and age. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable SystemSpecs complete the administration of this Competition.
5. By submitting your essay, you agree that SystemSpecs may in its sole discretion edit, adapt, abridge or translate your essay as it may deem fit to complete the administration of this competition. Even if you do not win, we may, for example, publish your essay or excerpts from it as a runner-up in the Competition.
6. You grant SystemSpecs, its assigns and its agents the right to use your name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet, without recourse to you.
Tip 1 – Preparing your Essay
- Before you start writing, try to understand the topic and think about the creative ideas you will like to share in your essay
- Write out your ideas and create a flow of how you want to proceed with your essay
- Write down your first draft and avoid copying from any source
- Proofread and edit sentences, spellings, and grammatical constructions where necessary
- Ensure your word count aligns with your submission category (1000 for Junior Category, 1500 for Senior Category)
- Create a Microsoft word copy of your essay to enable ease of submission as well as the accuracy of word count.
Tip 2 – Submitting your Essay
- Handover the soft copy of your essay to your school official/teacher, parents, or legal guardian to assist you with the submission process.
- If you are submitting through your school, you are to provide the school official with your accurate full name and date of birth alongside your essay.
Tip 3 – Submission Process for School/Parents/Legal Guardian
Entry submission process is in the three (3) simple steps below:
- Provide the participant’s full name, date of birth, name of school in full, school address in full, and state.
- Copy and paste only the body of the essay without the participant’s name, school, date of birth, and other personal details.
- Endorse the participants with your full name, mobile number, and email address.
Do not forget to preview the essay before final submission for accuracy of all information provided to avoid mistakes as your student/ward/child is counting on your assistance to win the prize of his/her dreams.
|SEE ALSO: National Life Science Competition 2021 For Nigerian Students|
How to Apply
|⭐ Apply Next: CIPM Annual Essay Competition for Undergraduates in Varsities, Polytechnics 2022|
PROMO ENDS SOON: WhatsApp Automation FullStack Course
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.