|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Creatives/Artists, Photographers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 31, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Are you an amateur or professional photographer with an interest in youth skills? Don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition!
Photos should highlight the innovative aspects of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing how TVET is equipping young people with skills for the future.
|SEE ALSO: $550.00 Innovate Grants For Artists, Photographers|
This year’s theme is The future of youth skills and submissions should focus on one or all of the following:
* TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting how skilled young people are applying their knowledge and training to contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
* Preparing for a digitalized world – photos highlighting how the digitalization of TVET is helping to build skills and competencies for the changing future of work.
* Skills for inclusive growth – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to innovative, future-oriented TVET, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
|SEE ALSO: Yalda Afcfta Youth Creative Competiton | $1000, $500, $300 For 3 Winners|
You are eligible to participate as long as:
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries.
1. Upon submission, UNESCO-UNEVOC will filter entries in compliance with the basic terms and conditions. You will not receive an acknowledgement of submission, but all entries will be processed.
2. The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the theme
- Uniqueness of the concept/shot
- Innovative means of delivering the message
3. Photographers will be informed via email that their entries have been shortlisted.
The Photo Library will be regarded as an Open Access Repository, which may be accessed by anyone under Creative Commons 3.0 IGO License.
|SEE ALSO: British Council Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) Arts Cultural Exchange Programme 2021|
The winners of the Skills in Action Photo Competition will receive the following prizes:
- 1st prize – 750 USD
- 2nd prize – 500 USD
- 3rd prize – 350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on the UNESCO-UNEVOC website and across various social media platforms. All submissions received will become the property of UNESCO-UNEVOC and will be eligible for use in future UNESCO-UNEVOC media campaigns, publications and promotional material.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Decide your thematic area(s) of focus. This will ensure that your entry avoids being filtered out for not adhering to the themes.
- Use a camera that can output high-resolution photo with a minimum of 3000 pixels on the longest side with 300 DPI/PPI setting. Exempted from this are photos taken using mobile phones in the highest resolution (the acceptance of the entry is based on the quality and is subject to our decision).
- Ensure that you have the approval/consent of the people in the picture, especially if the focus is on a single person. You are encouraged to use this form:
- You can make simple edits to the photo but these need to be specified in the form.
- Don’t submit an entry of a photo collage (multiple photos on one frame)
- Don’t put watermarks, signature or any overlays on your picture
- Don’t send pictures that are not related to any of the thematic areas.
How to Apply
- All entries should be submitted with a title, a brief paragraph (not more than 75 words) explaining the context of the photo, along with where and when it was taken.
- All photos submitted should be in jpeg format. It will be an advantage to submit Raw/Tiff files. The longer side should be at least 3,000 pixels. The entrants are allowed to digitally manipulate entries slightly and state the nature of manipulation. Please do not include any marks, logos, watermarks, or borders in your photos.
- Your photos should be related to the themes mentioned above.
How to submit
After taking your photo/s:
1. Add a title and write a short description for every photo.
2. Rename the photo/s in this format: Lastname-Firstname_title.jpeg (example: Oyelowo-Eyitayo_Female-aircraft-engineers.jpeg/.tiff)
3. Make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions. (Also found in the submission form)
4. Download and complete the submission form and rename the form in this format: Lastname-Firstname_SAPC20_SF.docx (Note that the insert picture/thumbnail function may not work for MSWord97-2003 versions)
5. Send the completed form (with thumbnails of the pictures) along with the original photo files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org with the following email subject heading Last name_SAPhotoCompetition2020. Note that the attachment size may have a limit. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers you prefer and provide us with the direct link (no sign-up required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of an online file sharing service.
Please note that completed submission form are to be sent to: unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org.
|⭐ Apply Next: The Restless Books Prize For New Immigrant Writing 2023|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.