The 2022 Youth Leadership Debates is about giving confidence to your voice; leveraging your voice as an effective tool to bring about a transformed Nigeria. The goal of the Youth Leadership Debate Competition is to provide capacity building to select young people across tertiary institutions and support them to critically evaluate information, to advocate from the point of knowledge, and to collectively shape their vision for Nigeria, hence equipping them to be active citizens.
|SEE ALSO: Coal City University (CCU) 2022 Essay Contest for Secondary School Students
- Open to young people in tertiary institutions across Nigeria;
- Debate entries should be focused on the following thematic areas:
- Employment and Education
- Media, Sport and Entertainment
- Peace building and Security
- ICT and Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change and Environment
- Civic participation
- 1st prize: N1,500,000; a laptop for each member of the team + other benefits.
- 2nd prize: N1,000,000; tablets for each member of the team + other benefits.
- 3rd prize: N600,000; a phone for each member of the team + other benefits.
Nuggets for the Parliamentary Debate Style
- The Parliamentary Debate Style is quite distinct from the conventional style of debates adopted in Nigeria.
- Extensive research is required to convince the judges of the merits of your position.
- The initial salutations popular in the conventional style of debating are omitted in the Parliamentary style. Debaters are supposed to introduce themselves and continue with their motion.
- Debaters may request a Point of Information (POI) to contest or seek clarity for a statement made by a member of the opposing party
- For the purpose of the entry videos, applicants are encouraged to speak in anticipation of a rebuttal from an opposing party.
- In the parliamentary style, debating teams have the opportunity to present opening and closing arguments.
|SEE ALSO: CIPM Annual Essay Competition for Undergraduates in Varsities, Polytechnics 2022
How to Apply
Go to Nigeria Youth Future Fund(NYFF) on nigeriayouthfund.org to apply
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- A team of 3 to 4 students from the same tertiary institution applies by sending in a video of not more than 5 mins with 2 debaters addressing any socioeconomic issue from the 7 thematic areas.
- The video should be uploaded on any social media platform, and the link to the video should be provided on the application form.
- Evidence, such as course forms, of each team member, enrolled in the institution would be required.
Begin your Registration
Have you read the instructions above carefully? Great. Now, below is the registration button, and the official page link for more info. Good luck.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.