|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 15, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
According to recent statistics, there are barely 0.5 surgeons for every 100,000 individuals. Despite making up more than half of the population, women only make approximately 7% of the surgical workforce.
To help address this problem, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship program to support women in surgical residency, help them complete their training, and encourage other women in medicine to consider surgery as a profession.
- Applicants must be junior female surgical trainees enrolling in the COSECSA surgical fellowship program.
- Applicants must be Sub-Saharan Africans
Benefits of ACS/COSECSA Women Surgical Residents Scholarship
- Each scholarship is worth $500.
- The number of awards will depend on quality of applications and available funds
Documents Required for Application
- Personal statement indicating future goals.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A letter of support from their surgical training program director.
How to Apply
Applicants should include a personal statement indicating future goals, a current curriculum vitae, and a letter of support from their surgical training program director.
Completed applications should be sent to the COSECSA Scholarship Committee at https://www.cosecsa.org/scholarship-application-form/. Scholarship Reference Number to select on the application portal is ACS-COSECSA/2023/T1
|⭐ Apply Next: Apply: Concordia University 2023 Undergraduate Scholarships|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.