|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Africans, Creatives/Artists (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 05, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Are you Africa’s next top comedian? The Africa No Filter Comedy Lab is looking for talented African comedians to develop fresh and unfiltered content about Africa. We are looking for funny, unique content that changes how the world sees your community, country or the continent.
To get a chance at this opportunity, you need to create one comedy skit that’s between 45 seconds and one minute long and post it on your Facebook page, Instagram or Tik Tok. You must tag @Africanofilter and use the hashtags #ANFComedyLab and #BetterRepresentation.
The skit should carry a powerful storyline that positively portrays an African country or Africa or challenge pre-existing African stereotypical narratives in a funny, ground-breaking, and engaging way.
|SEE ALSO: Future Generation Art Prize 2023 for emerging Artists worldwide|
- Open to African comedians aged over 18 and based anywhere on the continent.
- Comedians must have a combined audience of minimum 3,000 followers on Instagram, their Facebook page and TikTok.
- Only individual comedians can apply.
- The comedian must be unsigned (not represented by an agent or management company).
- All forms of comedy are welcomed (stand-up, music, sketch, etc.) as long as they are delivered in a digital format and are completely original, innovative and exciting.
Benefits of Africa No Filter Comedy Lab For Talented Africans
- Comedians who join the ANF Comedy Lab will get grants of up to $3,000 to create new 10-minute skits. Comedians will also be supported to take their storytelling to the next level through masterclasses and mentorship. They’ll also get marketing support to amplify their skits.
- Skits created through the ANF Comedy Lab will also have a digital showcase.
- Winners will be selected on the quality of content, comedic delivery, relevance to ANF’s mission of telling African stories beyond stereotypes, and audience engagement across social media.
- First Round of the Competition: A first round of selection will be made based on the audience reach of the comedians (at least 3,000 followers across your Facebook page, Instagram and Tik Tok), the public vote (number of likes captured by the competition videos) and the quality of the content. Your submission will be disqualified if we suspect that your post or account has been promoted or boosted by any financial means.
- Second Round of Competition: Comedians whose content is compelling, relevant to ANF’s mission of better representation for Africa and has high engagement on social media platforms will advance to the final round of selections.
- Our group of mentors – made up of professional comics – will make a shortlist of candidates. They will use the quality of the content and storytelling, as well as social media engagement and relevance to ANF’s mission of representing Africa beyond stereotypes to shortlist candidates. The shortlisted applicants will then meet the judging panel for online interviews.
- Only shortlisted will be notified of the status of their application, by 17 July 2023.
|SEE ALSO: Africa Soft Power Project (ASP) 2023 Climate Change Photo Essay Prize|
How to Apply
Go to Africa No Filter (ANF) on africanofilter.org to apply
After creating your skit, you must submit an online application on ANF’s website. Make sure you include links to your skits. The content can be delivered in English or French.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: Inkitt's 10 year Decade of Discovery Contest 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.