|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified PhD students from African universities for the AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships 2022 to improve their career in innovation and development either within academia or outside the academia.
The aim of the fellowship programme is to help African students enrolled in a PhD programme working in the field of Innovation and Development to strengthen their academic/research qualifications.
The visiting fellowships programme aims to increase the mobility and level of exposure of PhD students to international knowledge in the field of innovation and development. The programme forms part of the efforts by AfricaLics to contribute to the development of a vibrant research community in Africa in the emerging and highly multidisciplinary field. The Funding of the fellowship is provided by the Swedish Development Agency, Side (Stockholm) as part of the project Enhancing research capacity on Innovation and Development in Africa.
|SEE ALSO: SCRIPTS Research Training Fellowships for International Students|
- Accommodation and workspace
- Return flight costs and health insurance
- Stipend of 90,000 KShs per month equivalent to 800 USD per month
- Fixed amount to cover student participation in selected course activities.
- Funding for trilateral meetings between PhD student, main supervisor and AfricaLics mentor(s).
To be considered eligible for the AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships, applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be enrolled as a PhD student at a university in Africa.
- Have completed their first year of studies by December 2021
- Have a background (BSc, MSc etc.) within Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Science and Technology Policy, Geography, History or Development Studies. Applicants may also work within the STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) subjects or even manufacturing but from a social science perspective.
- Possess adequate skills in English (documentation may be requested).
- Be working actively on a subject relevant to the field of innovation and development as defined above.
- Submit a brief application 1 page/500 words explaining own background, motivation for applying and expected outcomes of participation in the AfricaLics PhD visiting fellowship programme.
|SEE ALSO: DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships 2022/2023 for Foreign Students|
- Brief outline of your current PhD project including training plan (max. 5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV (including PhD courses attended so far)
- Letter of support from the main PhD supervisor confirming that the PhD student will have completed her/his upgrade/probation by end December 2021
- Letter of support from the University Administration at the university where the PhD student is enrolled
- Copies of academic certificates (copies of Bachelor and Master Certificates as a minimum)
- One writing sample (article or chapter) from current PhD program
How to Apply
|⭐ Apply Next: Kectil 2023 Youth Leadership Programme for Developing Countries|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.