|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 25, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Policy Leader Fellowship (PLF) is a residential programme for mid-career policy professionals from a range of policy fields: politics, civil service, media, non-governmental organisations and others.
This unique programme is hosted at one of the most renowned academic institutions in Europe and provides the fellows with an insider view into the EU policy making processes. However, the programme does not require academic training background and instead seeks to attract individuals with diverse hands-on experiences in policy-making across the world. Besides having direct access to the EUI and the School of Transnational Governance (STG) faculty as well as the researchers community, the fellows learn from each other and form lasting professional and personal connections.
The fellows spend five or ten months at the STG developing policy recommendations and practical solutions for pressing issues of transnational relevance inspired and informed by their work experience. In addition, the fellows attend professional skills trainings and can freely participate in the academic life and activities of the EUI to enhance their fellowship project. At the same time, the fellows enrich the STG community by bringing their first hand experiences to teaching, training and networking at the School.
|SEE ALSO: Cornell University Africa Fund for PhD Students 2022|
Upon the completion of the programme, the fellows join a global alumni network of policy professionals and have access to lifelong training opportunities at the EUI.
- Open to mid-career professionals able to demonstrate solid professional experience (minimum 10 years) and potential for future excellence in a given policy area; candidates with strictly academic profile typically will not be considered.
- Self-motivated and driven, able to autonomously accomplish the activities presented under the fellowship work plan.
- Open-minded and curious individuals willing to engage in peer discussions on topics which may go beyond their area of expertise.
Benefits of EUI Policy Leader Fellowship
- The basic grant is € 2,500 per month. Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI. The amount of the Fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum €1,750 per month) depending on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents). If applicable, family allowances will be added to the basic grant.
- A household allowance of up to €300 per month is paid to a Fellow with a partner if the partner lives with them in Florence and on the condition that the partner’s income is less than €2,000 per month. The sum of income and allowance cannot exceed €2,000 per month (i.e. if the income is more than €1,700, the allowance will be paid only to top up to €2,000).
- An allowance of €200 per month is paid for each dependent child. Fellows are entitled to these allowances if they can declare that they are not receiving any similar allowance from another source, and upon submission of relevant supporting documents (i.e. marriage or partner certificate, or proof of cohabitation in Florence; birth certificates).
- For dependent children in full-time education and over the age of 18, a school or university certificate is required. No allowance is paid for dependent children over the age of 26.
- Fellows (but not their families) receive reimbursement for the incoming trip from their place of origin to Florence, and for the outgoing trip to their destination at the end of their fellowship.
- First-class rail (travel by car is also reimbursed on this basis)
- Economy class air fare
- The maximum amount for travel reimbursement amounts to €1,200 including both incoming and outgoing trip. Taxi expenses are not reimbursed.
|SEE ALSO: Hansen Leadership Institute(HLI) 2023 Fellows Program|
- Accomplishments and potential: Professional excellence is assessed on the basis of the candidate’s contributions to a given policy field based on the CV and any other supporting evidence of the application. Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Focus area: The candidate’s field of work should be broadly aligned with the STG’s focus areas or hosted initiatives and programmes. Other themes can be also considered but preference will be given to applicants that cover policy areas of the STG faculty and programmes.
- Fellowship work plan: Applicants are assessed on the professional substance of their work plan as well as its feasibility, applicability in a transnational policy context and potential impact.
- Motivation: Applicants should be able to articulate what difference the fellowship experience will make to their professional journey as well as what they can offer to the STG. Preference is given to applicants who can both contribute to the STG programmes and activities as well as benefit from their stay at the STG and the EUI.
- Diversity: The programme strives for thematic and geographic diversity as well as gender balance among the fellows.
How to Apply
Go to European University Institute (EUI) on apply.eui.eu to apply
Applications have to be submitted through the online application portal. Paper or email applications will not be considered. The application deadline for the 2023-2024 call is January 25, 2023 (14:00 CET).
- Register your application as soon as possible in order to give your referees sufficient time to submit the reference letters.
- Submit your application by the deadline.
Once you have registered your application you may continue to work on the application details and attachments until the deadline. After submission, it will not be possible to update or modify your application.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship for Young Nigerians 2023 (Fully-funded)|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.