|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Postgraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 01, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Leakey Foundation offers Baldwin Fellowship Research Grants/training for applicants from developing countries in the field of human origins, including paleoanthropology, primate behavior, and studies of modern hunter-gatherer groups to study at Home and host institutions. Eligible countries include Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia and the Republic of Congo.
The Franklin Mosher Baldwin Fellowship program for developing countries is based on a realistic assessment of needs and priorities. Many developing nations possess extraordinary resources in the field of prehistory. The stewardship and careful use of these assets is a task of international importance. By enabling bright young scholars to obtain graduate education, the Leakey Foundation is helping to equip these individuals to assume a leadership role in the future of paleoanthropology.
SEE ALSO: Einstein Forum/Wittenstein Foundation 2023 Einstein Fellowship for Researchers Worldwide
Human origins scholars from developing nations seeking advanced degrees (M.A./M.S. or Ph.D.) are eligible for Baldwin Fellowships.
If you are thinking of applying for a Baldwin Fellowship ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I enrolled in a M.A., M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent program related to the study of human origins or evolution?
- Have I been accepted or have a provisional acceptance to a host institution?
- Do I have financial assistance from the host institution?
- Do I intend to return and work in my home country upon completion of training?
If your answer is “Yes” to all of the above questions, you will likely be eligible to receive a Baldwin Fellowship.
If you are concerned as to whether your research topic is eligible, contact the Foundation at least a month ahead of the application deadline.
Benefits of Leakey Foundation Baldwin Fellowship Program
- Awards are limited to two years.
- The maximum award is limited to $15,000 per year.
SEE ALSO: University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships for International Students 2023
- Candidates must be prepared to demonstrate:
- Affiliation and/or employment with an institution in their home country.
- Provisional acceptance (or evidence of application) to the host institution.
- Financial assistance from the host institution.
- Intention to return and work in the home country upon completion of training.
- February 15th – Deadline for new applicants
- March 1st – Deadline for returning applicants
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: European Space Agency(ESA) 2023 Africa Research Fellowship Program|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.