|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Essay Contests & Prizes for Nigerians (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Vice Chancellor of the National Open University of Nigeria has announced the establishment of an Annual Essay Competition on Open and Distance Learning (ODL).
The prize was established as a means for students to communicate their views and experiences with diverse parts of the University in a discursive academic style. The essay would reflect on one or more parts of NOUN’s activities, as well as student satisfaction and experience with the relevant segment. The competition will be known as The Vice-Chancellor’s ODL Essay Competition. It will be done on an annual basis.
- Undergraduate: Entries are hereby invited from final year students of undergraduate Programmes at all Faculties in the University on the topic, “My experience as a student of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) at the National Open University of Nigeria“.
- Postgraduate: Entries are hereby invited from final year students of postgraduate Programmes at all Faculties in the University on the topic, “My experience as a student of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) at the National Open University of Nigeria“.
Benefits of NOUN Essay Competition
The categories of awards are as follows for undergraduate students and Postgraduate students, respectively:
- Overall Best Essay: A certificate and cash prize of N50,000.00
- 2nd Place Position: A certificate and cash prize of N30,000.00
- 3rd Place Position: A certificate and cash prize of N20,000.00
- Best Essay in a Faculty: A certificate and cash prize of N20,000.00
Prizes shall be announced and given at a convocation.
How to Apply
- Participation is limited to only final year students of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, respectively, in the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
- Essays must be within 1,500 – 2,000 words.
- Entries are to be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com with the subject “2022 Vice-Chancellor’s Essay Competition“, for this year’s event.
- All Essays must be submitted on or before 12am on 31st January 2023.
- Winning entries shall be notified of their success by 28th February 2023.
|⭐ Apply Next: Unpyschology Magazine-Issue 9: Imaginings Essay Contest 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.