|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Entrepreneurship Prizes for Entrepreneurs (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 28, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world’s richest and largest graduate-level student startup competition. It is hosted and organized by the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University and the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship.
Sectors: business plans and companies should fall into one of four categories, or sectors:
- Life Science – includes (but not limited to) Medical Devices, Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Health IT, Biotechnology
- Energy/Clean Technology – includes (but not limited to) Sustainability, Water, Battery Technologies, Control Systems, Smart Metering, PV Technology, Natural Gas, Transportation/Mobility, Oil & Gas Technologies, Algae, Fuel Cells, Hybrid Vehicles
- Technology – Includes (but is not limited to): Mobile Apps, Software, Digital Media, Consumer Web, Bto-B Applications, Enterprise Software, SAAS, Internet, Web, Virtual Reality, Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Drones, Hardware, Robotics, Unmanned Vehicles
- Other Innovations – Includes (but is not limited to): Advanced Materials, Nanotechnology, Composites, Nanotechnology, Consumer, Other Technology
|SEE ALSO: IntelliDigest 2023 Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme for Entrepreneurs|
Teams must choose one sector/category for their companies. Teams may chose a second sector/category, though a second sector/category is optional and not required. Please choose sectors/categories that best align with your company’s product, technology, system or mission.
You are initially eligible for the RBPC 2023 if your startup:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2022
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2022
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
If you can answer all those questions with “Yes,” then your startup appears eligible! Please read the full details on eligibility and what we will be looking for an application—this will help you submit the best application possible!
|SEE ALSO: Orange Corners 2023 Incubation Programme for Nigerian Entrepreneurs|
Benefits of Rice University Business Plan Competition
- Rice University will provide an intense, immersive experience over the course three days for student startup founders to pitch to investors, receive multiple rounds of feedback and advance their startup.
- There will be over $1 million in prizes, and all 42 teams who compete at Rice University in Houston are guaranteed to win cash prizes. The minimum cash prize is $500 and the grand prize winner receives a $300,000 investment (typically in the form of a convertible debt note, without geographic restrictions.)
|⭐ Apply Next: French Development Agency (AFD) 2023 Digital Challenge for African Countries|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.