|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 08, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Newly introduced for students admitted to SUTD from 2020 onwards, the SUTD Global Excellence Scholarship is one of our most prestigious scholarships to celebrate talented students who
- achieved excellence across multiple aspects beyond stellar academic performance, for example, achievements in sports or the arts, design innovations, active contributions to the community, etc; and
- have the attitude, desire and potential to make an impact to society.
The SUTD Global Excellence Scholarship is dedicated to further realising these students’ potential through supporting their personal development, including option for postgraduate studies, global exposure, and more. On top of a fully covered undergraduate education, the scholarship provides a grant to support the tuition fees for students who wish to further their studies, either at SUTD or SMU (for eligible courses^) within three years upon their graduation from SUTD.
Additionally, recipients of this prestigious scholarship will enjoy a generous stipend, as well as sponsorship for a guaranteed choice overseas experience under the Global Leadership Programme (GLP) – a summer programme of at least 8 weeks duration at one of SUTD’s partner institutions overseas – in North America, Europe and Asia. The list of summer programmes offered by partner institutions under GLP can be found here. Finally, recipients of the SUTD Global Excellence Scholarship will also have various opportunities to hone their leadership skills through participation in selected Fifth Row groups such as the University Ambassador Club.
The Scholarship is open to Singapore Citizens* who
- are applying for admission to SUTD’s undergraduate degree programme (except those admitted to SUTD’s special programmes – STEP, SHARP, and SUTD Duke-NUS Special Track)
- have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and potential
- possess excellent record in co-curricular and/or community activities
- have the attitude, desire, and potential to make an impact to society
* As a special concession, the Scholarship may also be awarded to Singapore Permanent Residents or International Students who have demonstrated exceptional and outstanding achievements.
Benefits of Award
The Scholarship covers
- the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration (up to four years) of the respective bachelor degree programmes at SUTD;
- an optional grant of up to S$15,000 to cover the tuition fees for a postgraduate degree programme at either SUTD or SMU (for eligible courses^) within 3 years upon graduating from SUTD;
- programme fees and travel grant for the Global Leadership Programme (GLP);
- allowance of S$5,000 every 2 terms; and
- leadership development through participation in Fifth Row groups such as the University Ambassador Club.
No bond is attached to the Scholarship. The recipient must take up the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) from the Singapore Government to enjoy subsidised fees.
Optional Postgraduate Experience
Postgraduate Programmes at SUTD
Students receiving the SUTD Global Excellence Scholarship may wish to use the optional grant of up to S$15,000 towards funding any of the Master or PhD programmes offered by SUTD.
The list of eligible courses at SMU are:
- Master of Science in Management;
- Master of Science in Applied Finance;
- Master of Science in Quantitative Finance;
- Master of Science in Innovation;
- Master of IT in Business;
- Master of Professional Accounting;
- Master of Science in Accounting;
- Master of Science in Economics;
- Master of Science in Financial Economics; and
- Juris Doctor
Note: The above list is subject to change. Scholarship recipients are to refer to the prevailing list at year of application for Graduate Studies.
Terms & Conditions
- The recipient is required to achieve and maintain good academic standing. Academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Recipients are required to complete at least 20 hours of service to the university. They may take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- Recipients may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships or grants.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the recipient decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- As SUTD scholarships are made possible with the support of donors, recipients may be required to pen appreciation notes and attend university/donor events whenever they are called upon to do so
How to Apply
- Application for the scholarships is made at the same time as application for admission to SUTD.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
|⭐ Apply Next: Wageningen University&Research Africa Scholarship Programme for Africans 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.