|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 30, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
It is that time of the year again, for emerging writers to begin their journey to becoming a published author. Quramo Publishing Ltd. (QPL) is officially accepting entries for the 5th edition of its annual Quramo Writers’ Prize (QWP).
Created in 2017 as an avenue for fresh writers to showcase their manuscripts to the global literary community, and contribute their works to the canonisation of Africa literature, the Quramo Writers’ Prize celebrates unpublished writers who are working every day to hone their craft and record our continent’s original stories. The prize aims to encourage and stimulate a new community of talented writers, providing an opportunity for otherwise unexposed talent to achieve publishing recognition and encouragement.
Terms and Conditions
- The Quramo Writers’ Prize is open to Africans living within and outside the continent.
- The manuscript must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
Published work is not eligible for the prize.
- Manuscripts must be at least 30,000 words. All entries outside this requirement are liable for disqualification.
- All entrants must be legal adults (18 years and above). Children are not eligible for the prize.
- Manuscripts submitted to the QWP must not have been entered into any other competitions in the past or running concurrently. Prior entries for the inaugural QWP are also ineligible.
- Identifying information (name, address, etc) should not be included on the pages of the manuscript.
- All longlisted entrants must be available to participate in a publicity campaign from the date of announcement of the longlist leading up to the unveiling of the winner of the prize.
- Entries which do not comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
- Quramo Publishing shall have the right of first refusal for the second book by the winner of the prize.
- The winner undertakes to participate and work with editors at Quramo Publishing at every material time for the development and publication of the manuscript, upon execution of the development publishing agreement.
- The winner undertakes to commit fully to the promotion and publication of the book upon publication.
- Quramo reserves the right to refuse to award the prize should it come to a decision that none of the manuscripts submitted is worthy of winning the prize.
The winner of the competition shall be eligible to receive a sum of N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) and a development publishing agreement with Quramo Publishing Limited.
How to Submit
All entries must be submitted electronically to the Quramo website in the following format:
- Garamond font size 12
- MS Word document
- Page numbers on each page
- Left justified with 1.5 spacing
All submissions must be sent in with the following information:
- A one-page synopsis
- A short biography of the author written in third person (100 words max.)
- Social media usernames (Twitter, Instagram & Facebook).
- This is mandatory.
Full (legal) name
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.