|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Toyin Falola Prize is administered by the literary magazine Lunaris Review. The prize is named after and presented in honor of Toyin Falola, Nigerian historian and distinguished professor of African Studies who has published over 100 books.
Eligibility for Toyin Falola Prize 2021
- There is no entry fee for the 2021 Toyin Falola Prize.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old.
- Only Africans are eligible to apply. All entrants must be African, that is, the writer should either be born in Africa or have either of the two parents as African.
Submission Guidelines for Toyin Falola Prize 2021
- The short story must be anchored on Africanfuturism: the prize organizers look toward stories speculating and extrapolating African past, present, and future.
- They are particularly concerned with how African futures can be creatively (re)imagined. Creative and genre-bending submissions are highly welcomed.
- All genres of stories are encouraged (including those hard to categorize) except erotica and chic-lit.
- Witty language and humor are especially welcomed.
- The narratives can be either factual or fiction, or the mixture of both; however, the genre must be clearly indicated by the entrant, which does not in any way influence/constrain the chances of the submission, as originality, creativity, and delivery are principal criteria.
- There is no limit to the number of words; however, we would prefer submissions within the range of 1,500 – 4,500 words.
- They do not accept more than one entry per writer/submission.
- All submissions must be the original work of the entrants, previously unpublished in any form and not under consideration for publication or prize somewhere else. That means the organizers do not accept translated works or simultaneous submission. Note: Published means either online in any form or on any platform.
- All submissions should be attached as doc. file, named as the title of the submission (without the name of the entrant) and formatted in 1.5 line spacing, Book Antiqua theme font with font size 12. Note: Other file formats would not be considered for the prize.
- Also, the body of the submission email should not contain the bio of the entrant, just the title of the submission, word count, genre, and contact information.
- Bios of the entrants would be requested upon selection. The file itself should not indicate the name or any identifying detail of the entrant.
- By submitting to the prize, the entrant gives Pan-African University Press the exclusive right (or as determined by PAUP) to edit and publish their works upon selection for longlist in the ensuing anthology of the prize.
No member or relative of the Lunaris Review Team and Pan-African University Press would be considered for the Prize.
How to Submit to Toyin Falola Prize 2021
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject SUBMISSION FOR THE TOYIN FALOLA PRIZE.
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.