|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Journalists, Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 05, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Cable Newspaper Journalism Foundation (CNJF), also known as the Cable Foundation, with support from Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA), is calling on keen students from higher institutions across the north-central region of Nigeria to apply for the second edition of its two-day capacity building workshop for campus journalists.
Cable Foundation, a partner of TheCable newspaper, is a not-for-profit organisation using the vehicle of journalism to advance transparency and accountability in government. It is a subscriber to “solutions journalism” – a school that believes in rigorous reporting of positive response to problems and challenges.
The training workshop, implemented under its Campus Civic Media Campaign (CCMC), aims to hone the skills of campus journalists in up-to-date trends in investigative journalism, fact-checking and data reporting.
In many ways, technology has impacted negatively on ethical and professional journalism. This is evident in the proliferation of websites, blogs, posting fake news and unverified contents.
CCMC thus aims to train students of higher learning so that they can use their communication platforms to present credible news and informed commentaries, as well as demand for accountability and good governance using the tool of investigative journalism.
Students, with flair for reporting and writing, from across tertiary institutions in the north-central: Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger and Plateau states and FCT.
What to Submit
- An essay of not more than 200 words stating why you want to be a participant
- A curriculum vitae
- Three samples of your journalistic or creative articles; links to articles or photocopies of newspaper or campus news/magazines clippings, can be sent
- A photocopy of current student ID
- Successful applicants will participate in a two-day workshop in Abuja and have access to subject-matter experts.
- Outstanding participants will be able to access small grants to pursue one or more reporting projects.
- Participants also get the chance to be mentored by experienced journalists at TheCable
Note: Use CAMPUS CIVIC MEDIA CAMPAIGN as subject of the email.
How to Submit
All applicants should send their CVs and applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|⭐ Apply Next: Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp 2022|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.