|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Professional Programs for Professionals (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 04, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
As an integral part of the extended 45th session of the World Heritage Committee, and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Ministry of Culture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the National Committee for Education, Culture and Science and the Saudi Heritage Commission will be hosting the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 under the theme of “Looking Ahead: The Next 50 Years of Protecting Natural and Cultural Heritage” from 3 to 12 September 2023 in Riyadh and the Al-Ahsa Oasis.
The Forum will be developed and implemented with the support of the NGO Diadrasis. The Forum is an opportunity to understand and assess the achievements of the past 5 decades of the World Heritage Convention; to highlight the crucial role of youth in the heritage ecosystem; and to pave the way for the next generation of heritage professionals, giving voice to their unique approaches to heritage management. The Forum will harness the potential of capacity building and prepare the young professionals in creating a sustainable future for our cultural and natural heritage. At the end of the Forum, the outcomes produced by the participants will be presented to the extended 45th session of the World Heritage Committee in the form of a Youth Declaration.
|SEE ALSO: Open for Applications: WFSA Pilot Editorial Fellowship 2023|
Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years.
- Experienced in one of these fields: World Heritage, conservation, archaeology, architecture, conservation, urban planning & regeneration, restoration, art history, tourism, climate change, and digital technology.
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
- Committed to enhancing community engagement in the management of World Heritage properties.
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum.
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
In addition to general eligibility, the following elements will also be considered in selecting the participants:
- Balanced geographical representation.
- Gender equality.
- Diversity of professional backgrounds.
- Ability to disseminate gained experience in the country or institution of origin.
- Knowledge and experience in the management practices for World Heritage sites.
|SEE ALSO: UN 2023 Global Compact SDG Pioneers Program for Young Leaders|
Benefits of UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum
- The participants are expected to arrive on September 2, 2023 and depart on September 13, 2023. All related expenses (economy class flights, accommodation, local transportation, and meals) will be covered by the host country for the duration of the Forum. The organizers will also assist in the travel preparations and will provide support to the participants who need a visa.
- If any participant wishes to extend his/her stay after September 13, 2023, all related costs will be covered by the participant. In such a case, the host country should be informed in advance, in order to make all the necessary arrangements.
How to Apply
Go to UNESCO on survey.unesco.org to apply
Application form must be completed only in English. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered. In addition to education and background information, candidates are also required to submit their CV and a copy of their passport size photo. Incomplete applications will not be considered.The selected applicants will be informed by email.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: Apply: AERC-World Bank 2024 Visiting Scholars Program|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.