|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Discover embedded system design and work your way through the product design lifecycle. Supported by Google.
|👨💼 Sponsor: Raspberry Pi Foundation|
|📚 Field: Computer Systems|
|🌐 Host: FutureLearn|
|🎓 Mode: Online|
|🎓 For more: Subscribe to Courses|
Learn how to design your own embedded system
In this course from the Raspberry Pi Foundation, you will explore how embedded systems are used in the world around us.
You will learn what makes an embedded system different from a general-purpose system (such as a PC) and discover how embedded systems are specialised for a particular use case.
As you explore the iterative design process, you will discover how the purpose of a system affects how it is designed, from choosing its components to the look of the final product. You will also investigate the design of an algorithm and, ultimately, design your own embedded system.
- The difference between embedded systems and general-purpose systems
- How to decompose a product into features, tasks, and components using a block diagram
- What is real-time computing is and why is it important?
- How to apply an iterative design process
- Designing a finished physical product
- Connecting a device to the internet to provide functionality
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers delivering lessons on embedded systems in the classroom, at a GCSE level or equivalent.
This course will also be of interest to those with some experience of physical computing who want to move on to creating their own products.
Note: See other free online courses here.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.