Next Echo/Cultural Weekly’s 7th Annual Jack Grapes Poetry Prize is now open for submissions. This contest is FREE to enter.
3 WINNERS will receive $250 each, plus publication. 6 FINALISTS will receive $75 each, plus publication. Submission form.
- You may submit up to 2 previously unpublished poems. If it has appeared in any book, magazine or edited website, then it is published.
- NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS.
- All submissions must be made through our submission portal. We will publish the submission link on June 27th. THIS CONTEST IS FREE TO ENTER. You may submit only once. Choose your best work!
- You must follow the formatting rules. Submissions that do not follow these rules may not be considered.
- Submissions must be in .doc or .docx format. (No “pages,” “txt” “pdf” or other formats).
- Your submissions must all be in a single document. In other words, if you submit 2 poems, they should both be in 1 document, not in 2 separate documents.
- Make the name of the file the title of your first poem.
- Pages must be numbered.
- No unusual spacing or fonts. 12 point, Times New Roman preferred.
- The judges will read all submissions blind. List the titles of your poems on the cover page. Remember: your name, address, phone number and email address must appear on the cover page only! All other pages of your submission must contain NO identifying information.
- No poems will be accepted after August 31st, 2019, Midnight, Pacific Time. No entries will be considered after that date.
- By entering this contest you guarantee that the work you are submitting is your own original poetry, that it has never been published electronically or in print, and that it has not been submitted nor accepted for publication elsewhere.
- You must submit using the submission form.
- Next Echo/Cultural Weekly’s poetry editor will contact all those who submitted with the results soon after the contest ends. Your patience is appreciated. The decision of the judges is final.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.