> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
The dread Machine seeks submission for their annual anthology. They want stories that evoke fear and dread on the theme “1986”. Prize is $800.
They want a scary recount of the year 1986 or our version of it. Do you remember a time before the internet? Before security cameras documented everything?
For our very first anthology, we’re seeking dread-inspiring stories that take place in 1986 — either the 1986 of our reality (Stranger Things) or an alternate version (Tales From the Loop). Bring us back to a simpler, scarier time. Let’s make something radical together.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Eligibility for Dread Machine Anthology Submission
- Writers from anywhere in the world
- Stories should inspire fear and horror
- No age restrictions
- No entry fee
Submission Guidelines for Dread Machine Anthology
- All entries must be original and unpublished
- Word count of 3,000 – 10,000 words
- You have to register to make your submission
- No simultaneous submission, i.e, story must not be submitted elsewhere
- Multiple entries are accepted
- Register to submit your entry
February 25, 2021
Related Literary Opportunities
- EPOCH Magazine Submission | Payment: $50 per poem, $150 per story
- New York Encounter Poetry contest 2021 | Prizes: $500, Publication
- 2021 World Press Photo Storytelling Contests (€5000 Cash Prize)
- Call for Entries: My Campus Story and My Campus Innovation 2020|N150,000 Cash
- The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador (TUMA) 2021 9th Annual Competition
Prizes for the Dread Machine Anthology Submission
- $240 – $800
- A free copy of the premium hardcover
- Two copies of the paperback
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.