|👤 For (Open to): Nigerians|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 11, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Relevant Links: Fellowships, Trainings,|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Fellowships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|NOT LOGGED IN? LOGIN NOW|
ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme – A first of its kind intensive six months legislative and leadership development programme for aspiring female lawmakers, between the ages of 25 – 45 years.
Targeted at working professionals who have a strong interest in politics and aspire to run for lawmaking office at the federal or state assemblies across Nigeria.
Delivering on our mandate to develop a multidimensional empowerment model of capacity building that will equip women with the requisite skills and knowledge to competitively run for elective office, ElectHER invites applications for the 1st Cohort of ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme (EFLP).
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Nasser International Leadership Fellowship For Young Leaders|
ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme is a flagship programme of ElectHER Academy which seeks to address the decline in numbers of female leaders and to raise a new generation of female lawmakers who are resolute in their pursuit of changing the statuesque.
This fellowship is aimed at identifying, equipping and enabling women working in different sectors to run for law making office positions. EFLP is an intensive five months legislative and leadership development programme for aspiring female lawmakers.
The fellowship is targeted at professionals who have a strong interest in politics and aspire to run for lawmaking office at the federal or state assemblies across Nigeria.
For this inaugural cohort, 30 exceptional women between the ages of 25 – 45, looking to run for a parliamentary seat, either at the state of federal level, in the 2023 elections will be shortlisted. Fellows will receive the requisite training, tools and access to a space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, ideate strategies for the 2023 elections, and gain increased access to human, social and financial capital.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Association of Commonwealth Universities Fellowship For Academicians & Professionals|
Fully completed applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the Committee.
Please note that this five-month programme is not a full-time fellowship. Selected candidates may work full time through the program duration, except during the 1–week residential learning and engagement mission.
- Nigerians resident in Nigeria
- Must be running for office at either Federal or State assemblies’ levels in 2023. May have ran for office previously at the Federal or State assemblies.
- Demonstrated interest in government, politics and/or public affairs. Previously/ currently working in government within a technical capacity, or in government consulting.
- Must have a clear engagement strategy for the 2023 elections and have reasonable social capital within the political space
- MUST BE SERIOUS ABOUT CONTESTING AND WINNING ELECTIONS IN 2023!
|SEE ALSO: TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2021|
Duration and Reward
Over the five-month period, fellows will have access to:
- Virtual learning sessions consisting of lectures, online seminars, discussions, workshops, informal networking, masterclasses and guest spotlight interactive sessions with key leaders and lawmakers in Nigeria and across the world.
- A one-week residency in Abuja to gain practical knowledge and engage key stakeholders. • An opportunity to execute and fundraise for a constituency project.
- Consultancy work placement The fellowship is intensive, highly participatory and interactive, providing a supportive learning environment, skill building, legislative depth and for exchange of best practices and experiences.
At the end of the programme and upon successful completion, fellows would have achieved;
- Stronger personal brand as one of the promising female politicians to watch out for in the 2023 elections.
- Intensive training on policy design and analysis
- A robust and in-depth understanding of the legislature and principles of lawmaking.
- Access to a community support network locally and internationally.
- Access to campaign funding opportunities.
|SEE ALSO: BeyGood Global Citizen Funded Fellowship Program 2021|
How to Apply
All intending fellows must fill an application form to be considered for the programme on or before Friday, June 11th 2021. Please get the following documents ready, as you will be required to attach with your application.
- An updated CV.
- A letter of recommendation from a past or current political office holders.
- Letters should be written by someone who can attest to your professional abilities, character and suitability for this programme
|⭐ Apply Next: Newton International Fellowships for Early Career Scientists to Study in the UK|
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|
|» Jun 15, 2021: 2021 Beautiful Ones are Born (BOAB) Competition for Secondary School Students
» Jun 15, 2021: 2021 GOI Peace Foundation International Essay Contest | Over $3000 Cash, Certificates etc
» Jun 16, 2021: 2021 Nasser International Leadership Fellowship For Young Leaders
» Jun 16, 2021: 2021 UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) | $100,000 USD Reward
» Jun 16, 2021: Apply Now: $285,000 in Grant Funding for Digital Inclusion Solutions
» Jun 16, 2021: EduTech Solutions $335,000 Grant Funding | How to Apply
» Jun 16, 2021: Newton International Fellowships for Early Career Scientists to Study in the UK
» Jun 17, 2021: Study in UK: The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Fully Funded Scholarship 2021
» Jun 18, 2021: NITDA Digital Literacy and Skills Programme
» Jun 18, 2021: The Greek Bicentennial Poetry Pamphlet Prizes | Prize: £10,000
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
|VISIT DEADLINE PAGE|